PDA

View Full Version : DVX200 Audio Issues

jpvid
03-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Anyone not happy with the audio level coming out of the external speaker when playing back clips? Its unusable, not nearly loud enough when playing back for a client. I have to hand over the headphones to them. Even the headphone volume all the way up is barely enough. Hopefully this might be a firmware tweak unless I have a faulty unit. Let me know what you guys are experiencing. Thanks. I also think its weird that the audio level meter pops up when you plug in headphones and will remain there unless you push the menu wheel.

-John

pancam
03-12-2016, 08:07 AM
who designed this camera, they never used
Only need a more powerful audio chip....
it's okay, thereby coping

jpvid
03-12-2016, 10:32 AM
I've come up with a temporary solution for the low speaker volume in the short term. I Velcroed a puck speaker to my rig and that gives me plenty of level when I play back clips. Also for you guys looking for really compact wireless system, I just bought the Sennheiser AVX system. I really bought it for when I use my GH4 on my Beholder DS1 steady cam unit. The receiver is so compact and small it was easy to balance the GH4 on the DS1, but it also looks and works great on the DVX200. Here are some pics of the puck speaker and wireless111331111332111333.

-John

mapper65
03-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Anyone not happy with the audio level coming out of the external speaker when playing back clips? Its unusable, not nearly loud enough when playing back for a client. I have to hand over the headphones to them. Even the headphone volume all the way up is barely enough. Hopefully this might be a firmware tweak unless I have a faulty unit. Let me know what you guys are experiencing. Thanks. I also think its weird that the audio level meter pops up when you plug in headphones and will remain there unless you push the menu wheel.

-John
I don't ever remember low audio ever being an issue for me. It's been a few weeks since I've had my camera turned on. I'll typically unplug my headphones and play back the last 30 seconds of footage for myself and the talent. Usually we'll both be standing close enough to view the footage on the camera's monitor. I'd be sure that you have a good audio level during recording. My hearing is not good and I would have picked up on low audio output right away if it was a problem for me.

Elvis Deane
03-12-2016, 10:53 AM
It's definitely low in my camera as well, have to give the clients the headphones. In studio it's alright because I can just HDMI out to a TV, but I can see it becoming annoying on the road.

pancam
03-12-2016, 11:47 PM
it would have been more simply to install
a stronger voice amplifier
It also has been driving me crazy
when i connect the headphones
"Volume" appears on the LCD screen
it's completely unnecessary

Robert Bale Eventshd
03-13-2016, 05:02 AM
It also has been driving me crazy
when i connect the headphones
"Volume" appears on the LCD screen
it's completely unnecessary

yes I agree !!

AndyW69
03-18-2016, 03:51 AM
Check the impedance of the cans, a lower ohm level will boost the volume hd25 usually 70ohm, can get a volume boost from 32ohm cans

Andy

mapper65
04-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Hi guys, just thought I would re-visit this thread after shooting today with the DVX200. I'm not seeing any problems with audio output. I have a few different sets of headphones and the ones that I have been using the most lately are a fairly inexpensive set of Sony MDR-5702. I'm nearly deaf in one ear due to an illness about 10 years ago and keeping the volume at 14 during shooting proves to be more than enough sound in my good ear. I think the volume goes up to 32.

I played back a few minutes for the talent today via the camera's internal speaker and for me I had the volume all the way up but I probably could have backed it off just a little for them. It's not blairing loud but if I can hear it fine without questioning what I'm hearing, I would have to believe that most anyone can hear it fine.

I use a Sennheiser ME66 mic wth a K6-C power module and I'm always very conscious of a good proper audio level. I'm not saying that others aren't experiencing a problem but I feel with my DVX200, it's as good as I would expect it to be.

jpvid
04-14-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure what type of camera you used before ( I owned the Panasonic HPX370) there is a HUGE difference between the two. The internal speaker was much better/louder on the HPX370 than the DVX200. The addition of a puck speaker to my DVX200 rig has been a great solution for me. I'm happy clients are happy, done deal.

-John