PDA

View Full Version : DVX200 : strange audio resonance in my heaphones.

Le Chat Errant
10-08-2015, 03:10 AM
This dysfunction was ever mentioned in DVX200 annoucement thread, but I prefer to create a dedicated one.

My DVX200 produces a weird live sound via headphones monitoring. As if each audio track was duplicated and very slightly shifted.
It's not a delayed sound like AF101 makes in HP recording mode (for example).. Rather "phase" issues, especially with voices.

Problem only appears in pause and recording mode, with all type of microphones (internal, NTG1, ME64..), and all audio tracks (stereo, mono, isolated one).
No present in rec review or playback mode, rushes are safe !

I precise that my headphones was plugged in the right place, near DC IN 12V input, not in Audio Out.

Please, let me know about your stuff.

French version : http://www.repaire.net/forums/discussions/dvx200-etrange-resonance-dans-le-casque.271477/

L'Chat !

Le Chat Errant
10-20-2015, 05:13 PM
So ? Nobody wanna test it for me ?
I've contacted Panasonic and I brought together some French DVX200 concerned users.
I've made many writing efforts to exchange a few English words and some quick checks with all of you.
With hope to get things done... for nothing !
Thank you Barry, for spending time with me.
As for others : your f***in' scorn really pisses me off !

fastfinger
10-21-2015, 07:15 AM
So ? Nobody wanna test it for me ?
I've contacted Panasonic and I brought together some French DVX200 concerned users.
I've made many writing efforts to exchange a few English words and some quick checks with all of you.
With hope to get things done... for nothing !
Thank you Barry, for spending time with me.
As for others : your f***in' scorn really pisses me off !

I think few have this camera. Still not available at B&H

Le Chat Errant
10-21-2015, 12:15 PM
I think few have this camera. Still not available at B&H
Hi Fastfinger,
I believed there was more owners.
In France, 6 "defective" units have been identified since two weeks ago, including my own.
But Panasonic head office stays quiet..

greytail
10-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Why don't you return it. There's obviously something wrong. I have no problem like that with mine.

Le Chat Errant
10-22-2015, 03:30 AM
Why don't you return it. There's obviously something wrong. I have no problem like that with mine.
You're right Greytail, but I'm stuck between job and fear of waiting again for a new infected one.
I've received a mail form Panasonic Business this morning :

Merci pour votre message. Je l'ai fait remonter directement hier, en fin d'après midi à notre chef de produit. Nos usines sont également informées du problème et travaillent à le résoudre.

Un message officiel va être publier prochainement.
Basically..
"Our factories are aware of this problem and working to resolve it.
An official statement will be published soon."

mapper65
11-10-2015, 04:21 PM
After reading this I decided to test mine out tonight. Up until this evening I hadn't plugged in a pair of headphones. Mine sounds fine but I wasn't one of the first to receive mine so maybe the issue was in a very early production run.

Robert Bale Eventshd
11-23-2015, 03:59 AM
I have 2 , and the Audio headphone has something like a very small Eco in the monitoring , hope it's a firmware fix, both cameras have the error.

Le Chat Errant
11-23-2015, 05:43 AM
Thanks for your tests Mapper and Robert.
Future firmware.. I hope so.
- Headphones dedicaced plug produces this kind of echo/resonance.
- Audio Out plug makes a clean sound with delay (same as recording mode, it's normal).
If problem can't be solved with first one, a new (hypothetical) firmware could add a permutable live/recording mode for Audio Out.
I suppose..

pkakert
12-18-2015, 08:16 AM
I also get this problem. I seem to remember previous HVX200 or HPX250 doing this but there was a setting to eliminate it in the menu but I do not see it in the DVX200 menu. It is only a monitoring problem, however, as it records fine. So hopefully a firmware update will fix it. It is annoying.

pkakert
12-19-2015, 08:22 AM
This is a user error. After looking around a bit. I think anyone experiencing this has been plugging their headphones into the Audio Out, in the lower panel of outputs. In the smaller flip open panel above it is the DC IN and the Headphones jack. So nothing is wrong with the unit itself, just us users. Works great!

Jonny Gross
12-20-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm plugging mine into the headphones jack and I have an issue with monitoring.

Robert Bale Eventshd
12-22-2015, 04:58 AM
Really,