PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recomend a good transition pack for Premiere?

nickbeef
08-26-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm looking to buy a transition pack for Premiere, but there seems to be quite a few options out there. To be honest, watching the demo videos that each company puts out, they all look pretty bad, but that's generally just the fault of the demo videos.

Before I drop my money on one of the packs, I want to get some feedback on which one is worth the money.

nickbeef
08-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Ok, so far the best candidates seem to be:

NewBlueFX - Transitions 3 Ultimate - $399
Red Giant - Universe - $399
FilmImpact.net - Transitions Pack 1,2, & 3 bundle - $179
Accevolution - Transition Designer FULL - $195
Boris - Continuum Unit: Transitions - $199
Genarts - Sapphire 8 - $450

Now to be honest, I'm expecting that 95% of the time, I will only be using one or two transitions, so the idea of spending about $400 for probably 3 transitions that will a little time and effort I can build myself, seems crazy. However the few that I do use (like a good "glow dissolve") would be great to have.

Anybody have good or bad experience with any of these products or could reccomend another product, it would be great to hear what you think.

firehawk
08-27-2015, 09:21 PM
I like and use Boris and sapphire, but Newbluefx transitions go straight on the timeline between clips just like the built in premiere ones do. So in a hurry you can just drop them on and go! No key framing or additional clicks needed. Because of this I find myself using Newbluefx the most.