PDA

View Full Version : Need help writing a Martial Arts movie

kasumisama
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Everyone I really need help. I'm going into Martial arts Classes soon. And I was thinking about making a Martial Arts movie but I don't have a camera or the material to do it. Do anyone have any suggestions?

FilmMakerr
09-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Rent?

Mythfit
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Pin hole camera. Just make it from an oatmeal box and some film, easy.

christopherthomas
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
There are so many people out there who own cameras and sound/lighting equipment, but don't have any good story ideas. Write your story our and pair up with one of these people. The two of you can share writing, producing and directing duties.

Martial arts movies rule. You should definitely work the Flying Guillotine in somewhere.

uhrgl
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Pin hole camera. Just make it from an oatmeal box and some film, easy.

That might be overkill for a first timer. I recommend turning the margins of a paperback novel into a flipbook.

filmmaker58
09-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Find and rent ONG BAK, Which has re-set the bar as far as Martial Arts action films, and you might consider getting Fightscenes For Motion Pictures, a an instructional video on how to do fightscenes, from www.kbproducts.com. If you and some friends can put some greeat Marttial arts action together, You can always find a local D.P. or cameraman to help you shoot it. Good luck, and be safe.