PDA

View Full Version : End Credit Test

trueindie
07-11-2015, 03:41 AM
I'm almost done with my feature, and was playing around with the look and feel of the end credit sequence. Below is a one minute video with three very similar styles. Please let me know which one you guys prefer, or if none at all. I'm trying to make it pretty. I just don't want it to end up looking tacky, and I'm afraid a couple of the options might be.
thanks in advance

https://youtu.be/3a1CJVmjc4E

DPStewart
07-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Black text on a white background is ... well....horrible if it's on a big screen.

If it's on a small screen then your text is probably too small.

Found all 3 a bit uncomfortable to look at for more than a moment.

trueindie
07-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Black text on a white background is ... well....horrible if it's on a big screen.

If it's on a small screen then your text is probably too small.

It's for a large screen.

Found all 3 a bit uncomfortable to look at for more than a moment.

Bwaaahahahahahahhah:-Laugh(DBG)-1. That really cracked me up. The sheer honesty of it. I tell myself, I can't please everybody. But that was hilarious.

Thanks for checking it out and for the comment :thumbsup:
Aveek

Cryogenic Filmworks
07-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Why "fix" what ain't broken? White text on black background is standard and works. Sometimes overlay white text on video is ok but the black text on white is not getting it. Plus you have the drop shadow which is even more distracting.

trueindie
07-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Why "fix" what ain't broken? White text on black background is standard and works.

I... um.... ......... simply have no response to that. I'm sure you're right, that I should just do white on black, and not fix it.

Sometimes overlay white text on video is ok but the black text on white is not getting it. Plus you have the drop shadow which is even more distracting.

Some people have pointed out to me that my drop shadow needs to be less pronounced, and I agree with that.

thanks

Greg Smith
07-11-2015, 02:52 PM
#2 and #3 would both have me wondering what was wrong with the projector and screen. :) And as others have said, there's a reason why dark backgrounds are preferred for credits -- the white always seems to flicker heavily, especially in your peripheral vision at the corners of the screen.

- Greg

alohype
07-11-2015, 03:00 PM
It could be plausible if you would back off shadow. I understand your vision but make it very, very subtle and it will have totally different feel and can actually work. We don't know how this film ends so that light end credits with music can be a perfect fit for a last scene.