PDA

View Full Version : GY-HM200 remote lanc compatible ?

onemanband-videomaker
04-20-2015, 01:04 AM
does anybody know if the remote (2.5mm) of the GY-HM200 is compatible with the sony/canon protocol?
the specs are not clear abut it, but there may be also iris control (in the same plug) beside zoom /AF/start-stop ... if it is like the hm600 then there is the varizoom HZHM600VZR for that. But the studio 1 productions remote is listed as compatible with the HM200 and canon/sony as well.
so it's a bit obscure, contacted JVC with no answer yet.

xandix
04-22-2015, 01:43 AM
well, the email (to JVC, from the web site) came back undelivered. nobody's there.
I guess that I'll never know then. oh well

Hello,

i have the HM200 about 2 weeks.

And Yes its compatible with LANC.

My Manfrotto LANC Remote works perfect.
Also testet a Bebop Remote also works.

Both (Manfrotto / Bebop) are also works on my Canon XA25 und tested on Sony Z1 /FX1
So i think its "native LANC" on the JVC HM200

Andreas

xandix
04-23-2015, 01:20 AM
Thanks Andreas,

Andreas if you don't mind me asking what kind of manfrotto you have? does it handle zoom speed (constant) as well? and if it does will the camera respond? I mean constant zoom speed selectable by a separate dial, not the variable speed of the rocker.

Hi,

the Manfrotto has no constant Zoom Speed.
Always variable.

But the other that i Have tested, the Bebop ZOE DVXL

http://www.bebob.de/Remote-controls/ZOE-DVXL.html

have the features that you want.

Andreas

onemanband-videomaker
04-28-2015, 02:20 PM
I can confirm that the HM200 works fine with a lanc remote, including the manfrotto 521ex with the zoom speed limiter. I also tested a libec 3DV , which works fine as well. The big surprise was the vivitar rc-800 that gives 8 constant zoom speeds plus variable right from the remote. It also can focus with a good speed and accuracy from the remote (buttons focus + and focus -). The same vivitar on sony X70 (with 2 patch cables) couldn't be used for manual focus because the lens is very (VERY) slow focusing. And again I can't find anything bad to say about the HM200: everything works. Finally a camera that just works! .The only thing that I didn't know is the sensitivity in 4K (roughly 6DB slower than HD). in other words what I can shoot at (say) 12DB in HD becomes 18DB in 4K. Which is ok, I just didn't know.Also we must remember that this is a small sensor camera, avoid apertures like 1.2 and most importantly more than f/8. the sweet spot for this lens is 5.6. We have the ND filters so let's use them :)
about the WB we have that awesome paint function where we can literally dial the tones and colors that we want at the moment. I never had something like that before. it was one of my hidden dreams in a camera..... LOL

xandix
04-29-2015, 11:37 AM
And again I can't find anything bad to say about the HM200: everything works. Finally a camera that just works! .The only thing that I didn't know is the sensitivity in 4K (roughly 6DB slower than HD). in other words what I can shoot at (say) 12DB in HD becomes 18DB in 4K.

Hi,

yes 4K is 6dB slower than HD

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4k-pro-handheld-camcorders/527419-jvc-gy-hm200-alternative-sony-pxw-x70-2.html

My results are that 12dB is max for very good Footage to shoot.

18dB is too much in MY EYES.

Andreas