PDA

View Full Version : Zacuto eye

rob norton
04-15-2015, 06:32 PM
No Film School posted a video at the Zacuto booth - the eye is around 2:35:

http://nofilmschool.com/2015/04/zacutos-new-eye-viewfinder-packs-same-powerful-oled-gratical-hd-smaller-package

Newsshooter also shows it at 3:50 in their video:

http://www.newsshooter.com/2015/04/16/nab-2015-zacuto-recoil-rig-and-new-viewfinder/

zijital
04-24-2015, 09:12 AM
The little I've seen is that it is the same screen & same optics as the Gratical, but with fewer options, SDI in only (no loop or HDMI), needs external power weighs less & costs half ($1,500 vs $3,100).

It seems like a lot of people love the current Gratical, so if the Eye has all the features you want then this thing is great, especially if you're going for a light weight rig.

Grug
04-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Very interesting.

Given how rubbish the monitoring features on most viewfinders (even the good ones) are that the moment. I think this makes rather a lot of sense. Just have a nice, compact EVF for framing/operating. And use a more feature-laden onboard monitor for your more advanced monitoring features.

S.Blanchardon
04-25-2015, 04:38 AM
This versus the SmallHD Sidefinder ?

I'm curious about a test in the future when both are available because they are about the same price...

rob norton
04-25-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm Interested in its small size - EVFs shouldn't nearly double a cameras size after you add batteries.

If your camera has enough display features to overlay and you already use a larger AB/v-lock battery for power then it seems pretty solid.

Razz16mm
04-26-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm Interested in its small size - EVFs shouldn't nearly double a cameras size after you add batteries.

If your camera has enough display features to overlay and you already use a larger AB/v-lock battery for power then it seems pretty solid.

+1! This little jewel is near perfect for my needs. I only need a good reference for framelines, composition, and focus.

Andrew Stone
04-26-2015, 03:51 PM
This certainly has my interest. Small, light weight, simple, HD-SDI and a rosette to afix to the armature of your choice. As long as the power draw is relatively low they should have a winner on their hands.

If you haven't looked through an OLED viewfinder, doesn't matter if it is Zacuto or not, do so before getting another EVF. It's not just the deep blacks and color fidelity. it is also the ability to focus that is key to these EVFs.

Interesting how this got next to zero play at NAB 2015 except for some oblique references on newsshooter during a recap and the one video where is casually brought up half way through another product demo at the Zacuto booth.