PDA

View Full Version : Blending modes in Davinci Resolve?

Neutral
04-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I'm still relatively new to Davinci resolve. But I have a 5min video that's been edited and I'm going to start grading in davinci. There are flares and burns tracks that have been created that I want to apply over my footage after it's been graded. So all I want to do is put these video's on top of the main and use a composite/blending mode like screen to overlay it. And I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to do this in davinci. I used Davinci a while back, probably an older version and I remember doing this in the "EDIT" section but I don't see that option any more. I'm currently using davinci resolve 11 lite. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

diegocervo
04-07-2015, 11:30 AM
you can import flares tracks as external mattes and attach them either to a single clip or the entire track.
Pages 130 and 690 of the manual will explain you how to do it.
Best luck

morgan_moore
04-07-2015, 01:03 PM
In the edit tab click on your clip (track2) and there is a little icon of a paintbrush and spanner (?) middle right.. when you click that the opacity and blend mode become available.

Took me an age to find!

S

dory_breaux
06-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Thank you.