PDA

View Full Version : After effects precomps

Polaroid22
01-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Hello,

I always create a project in Adobe premiere, when the edit is finished I import the premiere file into After Effects where I do my grade/stabilisation etc. But everytime I import a premiere project into after effects, it makes from every video file a precomp on my timeline. How can I avoid this? And just use the video files itself. Because the problem is whenever I want to use Warp stabilisation I can aplly it to the Precomp(but in this case in the precomp is the whole video file, and not just the clip of the video that I want). Therefore It takes way to long to stabilize a video.

Thanks!

El Director
01-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Select your clips in Premiere, right click, Replace with After Effects Composition. Alternatively, you can also select all the clips, copy, then paste into AE.

Polaroid22
01-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks

yummy_waffles
02-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Depending on which version of Premiere you're using, you can use their built in Warp Stabilizer in the effects folder. It does a really great job!

trueindie
02-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks
Was your question really answered? I thought you were asking a different question. I do the same thing you do for a lot of my edits or part edits.

AE will import your entire edit as a comp. Inside the comp all the video and audio files are in separate layers. If you have to satbilize footage, then create a pre-comp INSIDE the imported comp.

That's what I do. That's what I thought you were asking.

Cheers