PDA

View Full Version : Compression Suggestion?

kyorin
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Okay, I've tried to experiment every way I could possibly think in compressing using Final Cut Pro HD... And I still haven't been able to get a good setting to make it look nice and be small, just as many films that I've seen online...

Does anyone have any suggestions of settings, programs, or anything that will help me compress my films for the internet, DVD, and everything else?

I'd prefer to know, first, of Final Cut Pro (Any of the latest versions). And then on inexpensive programs and if we must, we must, consider the more expensive programs.

Feedback would be great appreciated.

Trent
09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
I know nothing about Final Cut Pro, I have only really worked with Avid. But I can tell you I have used Sorenson Squeeze for a few projects and it seems to be okay...

kyorin
09-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Isn't that an expensive program? If not, or if free, where could I get a copy?

Trent
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah it is a bit expensive.... they do have a trial version you can get though...

Trent
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry I can not be more help... If I come arcoss anything else soon I will let you know

kyorin
09-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Not a problem. I looked at the new stuff on the computers at my school... Final Cut pro 5... and the Compressor look like it has a few new features that kick some ass. Already adjusted for web. So, I will have to give them a run and what-not. I'll post on how it goes when I get the chance to use them.

Peace!
E

Trent
09-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Good Luck