PDA

View Full Version : AC90: faces blurry

lockie86
09-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Hi, alongside my other problems with this cam (mainly 50p/25pquality, which I'm still looking into) I wondered if anyone else has issues with blurry faces?

Especially in lower light and if the face is small in frame, there isn't much detail in the face and it almost turns to mush.

Clothes look crisp but faces look like they're drawn with pastels, especially if they move suddenly.

This is even more apparent once on DVD.

Is this a quirk of the cameras, or something I could be doing?

Many thanks for your help!

Mark
UK

Alchroma
09-02-2014, 06:03 PM
I recall reading in the manual that the AC90 has a face smoothing feature.
Double check this and switch it off if it's on.

Al

lockie86
09-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks Al, do you (or anyone else out there!) have any idea what this might be called? I looked through the menus and all I could see what SKIN TONE DTL, which is off.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

Mark

OmShiva
10-18-2014, 02:46 PM
This may be a bit late but Barry Green's book states that the SKIN DTL is a milder version of DETAIL LEVEL, so if the latter is turned on, this may be creating unwanted effects. If you still have your original scene files in place, choose scene 1 and see what happens. You also have the option of restoring factory defaults to the scene files. Sounds like you may have some settings tweaked.

ggrantly
12-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Sounds like you are using autofocus. In dim light, it just isn't realistic to expect this feature to work well.

Grant