PDA

View Full Version : Little piece I shot with DJI Phantom 2 + zenmuse 3d + go pro black

Noel Evans
08-12-2014, 04:19 PM
https://vimeo.com/103060987

groveChuck
08-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Gorgeous Noel! 60fps?

Noel Evans
08-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah all 60fps. Cheers

Andrew Stone
08-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Very nice. You managed to get a lot of fantastic usable footage despite the crazy barrel distortion of GoPro.

David Saraceno
08-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Nice footage Noel.

Takes a lot of guts to fly over water.

:)

groveChuck
08-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Protune?

ScottyCam
08-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Beautiful

HVXguy
08-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Nice footage Noel.

Takes a lot of guts to fly over water.

No guts needed - just a fully charged battery.:2vrolijk_08:

David Saraceno
08-28-2014, 02:08 PM
No guts needed - just a fully charged battery.:2vrolijk_08:

A good props, escs, tx, rx, FC, programming, etc.

And the list goes on.

malibudutchie
09-13-2014, 01:58 AM
Nice mate, beautiful and steady - nice cut too
A couple of questions if you don't mind - did you buy any accessories to help fly/shoot (monitor, extrabatts).
Did it take you long to learn to fly
Do you know much about CASA regs and public liability in Oz.
Sorry about the interrogation but hoping you can help

kwkeirstead
09-13-2014, 11:44 AM
I am very sorry that I saw this.

I want one !

Realistically, what is your estimate of the number of flights before a crash? (i.e. anything can pretty much happen at any time, right?)

Next, when there is a crash, it matters a great deal where the crash occurs - as David says, over water is not the best place to have a crash.

What percentage of crashes where you can get to the crash site would you be able to recoup the camera and the flying machine then with minor repairs be back in the air?

Lastly, I have been told it would be prudent to first buy a $99 copter to learn on, then only go for the a production copter. i.e. how tricky is it to fly one of these things?

I am doing a documentary on a historical site where back around 1750, people arrived to the site on a boat. It would be fantastic to have the quadcopter fly in from the water then circle the house.

HVXguy
09-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I am very sorry that I saw this.

I want one !

Realistically, what is your estimate of the number of flights before a crash? (i.e. anything can pretty much happen at any time, right?)

Next, when there is a crash, it matters a great deal where the crash occurs - as David says, over water is not the best place to have a crash.

What percentage of crashes where you can get to the crash site would you be able to recoup the camera and the flying machine then with minor repairs be back in the air?

Lastly, I have been told it would be prudent to first buy a $99 copter to learn on, then only go for the a production copter. i.e. how tricky is it to fly one of these things?

I am doing a documentary on a historical site where back around 1750, people arrived to the site on a boat. It would be fantastic to have the quadcopter fly in from the water then circle the house.

I have the Original Phantom and it was almost impossible to get the shots I wanted until I got some VR goggles. Even then it is hard.
As you cycle your batteries it is a good idea to fly about 3 feet off the ground and get a flying time for the batteries.
On the original they say 10 min but when you add the gimble
and the VR transmitter the flying time is really about 5 min. That is why I start my iPhone timer when I start flying.
I really want to get the next gen but my original is still flying even after a few hard landings.
For more extensive work I hire out, especially for more tricky work or where the client
wants to see what they are getting.

mikemfilms
09-13-2014, 01:47 PM
So rad!

Terry_Lasater
09-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Beautiful stuff. :thumbsup: