PDA

View Full Version : Eyes a bit dark.

imaj
07-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I did an interview the other day and am noticing that the area around the eyes are a bit dark. Is it possible to clean them up? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thank you!

arco1
07-10-2014, 07:58 AM
I would use After Effects to track the eyes and then use a feathered mask to change the exposure slightly around the eyes. You could probably do it in Premeire or even Photoshop.

Jim

Andrius Simutis
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Davinci Resolve should be able to fix it too using power windows.

arniepix
07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Depending on what editing platform you use, you may be able to fix this in the edit, or you may have to go outside to AE, DaVinci, etc.

In Avid, for example, you could use a paintbrush effect to track the eyes and lighten them.

In Premiere or FCP, I would probably export to AE and track mattes into the eyes to lighten them.

If you're going to do the final color grade in a dedicated program like DaVinci Resolve or Speedgrade, then I'd lighten up with the masking and tracking features.

ProfessorU
07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Tracking eyes is sometimes more difficult than other facial features, since blinks can mess them up. If you can lock on to a nose, eyebrow, etc, you're probably better off.

As a lighting guy, this thread really makes me sad! :-(