PDA

View Full Version : Best settings using Prodad Mercalli on quadcopter footage?

Fly-catchers
04-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Most people seem to use warp stabilizer to smooth out their aerial footage. And there are plenty of on-line tutorials on this software. Because my budget is limited I use Premiere Elements and have the Prodad Mercalli plugin V2 for that. Using the default universal or more usually glide camera options produces either great or awful results. I have tried adjusting and ticking/unticking the various options and experimented with varied levels of sucess. But I would really like to read up what exactly these different settings do- so I can at least do adjustments more precisely. Currently I do them without having a clue what the effect really will be on the footage. Any suggestions where to find more indepth information using Mercalli would be helpful. The softwares own on-line instructions are basic and I have never had any replies to my e-mails to Prodad.

cheers

bill

Orlando McNulty
04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
I just use the warp stabilizer in Premiere cc, and as long as it's not really bumpy it comes out pretty ok. This has been with a phantom 2 with h3-2d that I borrowed. I just tweaked it until the edges of the frame didn't distort. I don't know a ton about it, but it served my purposes.

rzxrey
04-22-2014, 12:20 PM
You have to experiment based on your video. I use the stand alone version of Mercalli Pro and its so much better than anything that I have used before.