PDA

View Full Version : Get paid before or after for a AC or 1st AC?

JoeJITSU
04-15-2014, 06:43 PM
So I have worked for a company that I get paid always after.
After owning our company though, I get people still looking for Camera Operators to run their equipment.

My question is Do I need to get paid a deposit before I go on a 2 week gig? Get paid 1/2 after 1/2 the job is done then get the balance when job is complete? or wait till the job is all the way through to get the payment?

A little different now since we own our business.

Thanks

maranfilms
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Unless their reputable, and trustworthy, I wouldn't consider working for two weeks without a deposit.

JoeJITSU
04-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Unless their reputable, and trustworthy, I wouldn't consider working for two weeks without a deposit.
Thank you.
Yea I usually do get a deposit but since they just want a 1st AC and all I do is show up, I figured that they just pay afterwards..well thats what they want to do.
I worked for a company before and of course I depend on my company to pay me..this is just a company hiring me from my website.

RyanT
04-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I've worked for quite some time on shows of all sizes, union and non-union, and getting a deposit beforehand for anything but gear is a bit strange. If the job is long, like a feature, I'll asked to be paid weekly, but rarely upfront. The closest it ever comes to that is a check or cash at the end of the day.

That being said, it's not saying it can't be done. If you don't feel comfortable with them and you're getting a lot of red flags, just let them know you'd feel much better if they had some sort of deposit.

Josh Bass
04-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Do you mean as an ac or any position? I know many people who wont work for first time clients (especially out of town) without half and sometimes all paid up front.