PDA

View Full Version : Premiere CS6 multicam: So slowwww??

firehawk
09-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Having issues with premiere cs6 being difficult to perform multicam edits.
Not sure what the problem is.
It plays so jerky it's very hard to edit it. It's like 10 frames a second or something. Sometimes 1 frame a sec. Sometimes 1 frame every 3 seconds!

Ive tried making each camera its own sequence and then bringing the sequences into a multicam sequence and enabling it (the old premiere 2.0 way).
I've tried Nesting the videos and multicam editing that way too.
But once the real time edit starts, it's so slow and jerky I can only guess when to cut to the other cameras.

It's only 4 cameras.
1 hr 25 minute event.
Avchd 720 /60p timeline.

NLE:
6 core i7. 32 GB RAM. 3.2 GHz.
Main drive. SSD, 240GB.
Video drives are 7200 RPM SATA 3, 6Gb.
GPU nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (2GB).
The drives are maybe 10% full and new.
Windows 7 pro, 64bit. No tweaking.

I don't know if it's a setting, hardware, my workflow or what. But seems this configuration should do better than this. Any suggestions very welcome.

ectobuilder
09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
What is the file format? Keep in mind that PP has native codecs for MPEG and not H.264 wrapped in a .mov. In this case you have to rename .mov extensions to .mpeg.

Did you also try replacing the nested audio track with the original audio track? PP has problems linking nested audio tracks.

firehawk
09-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Thank you.
Footage was imported straight off the sdhc cards using media browser since they are spanned clips: avchd .mts.

There are two additional audio tracks : .mp3 - one from a stage mic and one from a line in feed for music to audio recorders.

Razz16mm
09-16-2013, 07:48 AM
AVCHD is very processor intensive for decode since it has to construct frames on the fly. Check to see how much ram is assigned to CS6. Assign 24GB ram to CS6. Make sure your video card is recognized and Cuda is enabled. Try adding one video track at a time to see how many tracks it can handle real time. Try transcoding to an i-frame codec to reduce processor load. If you are not running Raid arrays for media drives you could be bottle necking there too.

firehawk
08-20-2014, 10:19 AM
I realized that my machine edits AVCHD footage fine. It's when I have the .MP4 clips (1080 60P) from my action cams also that's when it has a problem. So I turn off the video layers with the MP4 clips and then real time/multicamera edit just the AVCHD and then afterwards cut the MP4 footage as needed. (the old way I did back in Premiere Pro 1.5.1 before real time multicamera was an option).
Since the MP4 clips are mostly special angles or super wide fall back shots, it works out ok.