Produced by:
A Study In: Pictures
Canis Lupus Entertainment
Haas Media
DP: Matt Haas
Written By: MJ Slide
Actors: Torey Byrne and Phillip Borghee
75037 75038

I've completed in these festivals with other teams before but my team is running on its own now! Hope we can knock out an amazing flick for ya'll.

pborghee
08-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Diary:

08/12/2013: Met with the director "Torey Byrne" and fellow actress to discuss the script and storyline of our project. Had some really great ideas flying around, besides the occasional flying cricket that tried to eat our faces off, we came up with some good ideas. She took our script back to try and cut some scenes down to fit our time limit. Going to be meeting with the DP tonight to discuss shooting schedule and his ideas on the project.

08/15/2013: Met with Torey again last night and trying to get the script under control. She has a few ideas so I put her on a time schedule to there would be no more BS'n haha. Posted two photos of the actors, so we all can get acquainted. As soon as we start production ill throw some more photos up for y'all!

08/20/2013: Met with Matt from Haas Media who is my partner going to DP the short. Had a lot of good ideas flying around. We all wanna do something that is going to scare the pee out of everyone but not something that everyone has done a billion times. Got some locations set if we stick with the script and began working on a web series i'm doing that is being filmed in conjunction with this short.

8/25/2013: Received the script from the writer today and BAM, that s*%t was amazing. So we are throwing 211 out and working to complete this project within the next few weeks. its going to scare the crap out of y'all while also throwing a little something extra in there for everyone. Hopefully I'll get the new movie poster added soon. Thanks everyone for continued support.

9/22/2013:So it's been almost a month since I've updated this wonderful blog. So as from the last blog everyone knows that 211 was scraped and a new horror masterpiece was created. It took about a month to get a location to allow us to film there but we finally got it approved and shot 50% of the film today. The actors were amazing as the DP, a PA and myself had to drive over 2 hours to get to the location and we were late. Filming went off without a hitch. The actors, some rookies some not, were amazing. They all did their part and if it wasn't for my continuous laughter we might have gotten done sooner. We were able to get all the shots we wanted and got plenty of BTS footage. It's going to be an amazing film. Filming on the last 50% should take place in about a week as its hard getting everyone's schedule together. On a more sad note, I am also working on a feature and was going to film the trailer tomorrow and the Lead actor decided after 2 months of having the script that he wasn't right for the roll and wanted to pull himself from the project. Jackass!

9/26/2013: Saw some test footage of the new short we are doing. Looks freaking amazing. I have to give props to all the amazing actors/actresses we had show up for the initial theater shoot. Torey and Matt did an amazing job. The footage looks 4K amazing!

10/16/2013: Spent another long painful night on location for the film. Got 99.99% of the stuff shot but going to have to film a vital piece on the 27th due to Torey having to leave town. The footage looks amazing and the whole team really smashed well together. We created a amazing project I think everyone will love. Everyone from the writer to the actors really brought their A-game.

Brandon Rice
08-13-2013, 07:46 AM
Can't wait to see what you do. I love diaries, so I'll continue to check back!

ZazaCast
08-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Hummmm... looks interesting (even sideways!). Looking forward to it.

Richard J. Johnson
08-14-2013, 06:07 AM
Good luck with the film, I look forward to checking it out.

pborghee
08-17-2013, 05:41 AM
Added a poster today! Hope yall like it!

Brandon Rice
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Looks good :thumbsup:

pborghee
08-25-2013, 07:17 PM
New Diary! New script! New locations! New everything. 211 got scrapped due to time restraints and this new script is going to rock yalls world!

Charli
08-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Good luck on the new script!

ZazaCast
09-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Well....??? How is the production coming along?

pborghee
09-23-2013, 05:23 AM
New production blog added and a few pictures.

Matt Harris
09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
how did you secure a movie theater as a location? very cool.

ZazaCast
09-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Please chime in!
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?311453-HorrorFest-II-Official-Rules-amp-Prize-List/page7

pborghee
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
A little sneak peak at a secret screenshot from the film. Shhhh its not suppose to be released yet.

Elton
09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Very nice!

pborghee
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Another sneak peak at a screen grab.

pborghee
10-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Teaser poster updated!

pborghee
10-09-2013, 11:36 AM
BTS from some of the shoot.

NICK ASH
10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Looks great. Definitely cool that you secured a theatre for the film. I look forward to seeing the end product.

Charli
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Good luck!

Scott F
10-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Thoroughly intrigued with this one....

Marlon Ladd
10-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Sounds like y'all are really making it happen! Proud of you stepping out there and making some waves. Can't wait to see what you guys have done. Good luck!

P.S. - Per Alec - we're going to kick your a**!

pborghee
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks Marlon, sucks I couldnt work with you guys again. Working with you guys always brings out the best in everyone. Glad to see that you got some competition in the 405 though, would hate to think you have a monopoly on things out here. And you can tell Alec that ill pay him his 5 dollars after you guys beat us. That should give me a few more years to save up.

Marlon Ladd
10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Marlon, sucks I couldnt work with you guys again. Working with you guys always brings out the best in everyone. Glad to see that you got some competition in the 405 though, would hate to think you have a monopoly on things out here. And you can tell Alec that ill pay him his 5 dollars after you guys beat us. That should give me a few more years to save up.

Oh, I'll make sure he knows! Lol.

Marlon Ladd
10-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Man, I came back here and almost thought this thread was mine. Lol.

pborghee
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
SAD NEWS...due to a arguement between the DP and the Director we are no longer going to be able to finish the film. I apologize for those of you who really wanted to see this one and i'm even more sad for the wonderful actors who took time out of their busy life to come down and act in this short. Hopefully if this short does get finished we can throw it up so you guys can check it out. Thanks for everyones support and I'll still be checking out everyones film.

PS...Marlon and Alec are lucky cuz we would have whiped the floor with them. haha!

Brandon Rice
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM
What?!

Matt Harris
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
no. No. NO!

This is not a fest in how indie films fall apart. what is going on with this fest? Without even asking the specifics of what is going with this film or what the argument is, the director needs to take the bull by the horns and complete and submit the film for this fest despite all obstacles in the director's path. that is the director's job. Whatever drama is going on, get past it and put something out. It's not fair to the actors and the crew who put in their free time to create something that they need for the reels and for their careers.

Unless it's the director himself who's trying to bury this short... then i would say it's the producer's job to remove the director's name and still put the movie out.

Brandon Rice
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I do agree with Matt, at some point there has to be a decision made to finish the project. No matter what there will be differing opinions on things. I cut out two parts of the script when we shot... the writer (also editor) was disappointed but respected the creative decision that I felt had to be made, for a variety of reasons.

Though we had a difference of opinion, we got it done!

Marlon Ladd
10-25-2013, 02:12 PM
I agree with Matt and Brandon. Somebody's got to put their ego to the side. People dedicated their hard work and time and this should not be the decision of one person to say you're not going to do it. That's so disrespectful to everyone involved.

P.S. I know you're really afraid of us. I almost put The Unassumed II in motion for this one too.

NICK ASH
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Wow, this is crazy. So many films dropping out???

The amount of work involved with all parties is anything but small. I think most of us had falling outs before but if there is a way to professionally address the situation than I say go for it. There is a lot of stress making a film regardless if we realize it or not and heavy demands on everyone. Maybe a day or two breather than try to rectify the situation.

Good luck.

Elton
10-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Matt is exactly right. I'm entering our film despite some lame drama and ongoing issues. Too many people sacrificed considerable time/energy/$ to just not make it past this fest's finish line, which was the impetus for the film in the first place.

Do what you can to find a compromise and get 'r done!

ZazaCast
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Again the simple beauty of working alone shines through! :happy:

Don't get me wrong, I have arguments with myself often and some times have to take drastic action!
(especially when I forget to take my meds) But I always find a way to make it work...I just keep telling myself:
"I'm a filmmaker and so am I"

You can get this done and in...have faith....and if that fails, have a beer!

Elton
10-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Again the simple beauty of working alone shines through!

The collaborative nature of filmmaking...we hates it!! We only needs the precious!!

Charli
10-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Is there anyway to finish, even if you need to get someone else to finish the shoot?

Zaza, dude! I had fun working with you, we made a great two-man band. I wrote the script and you did everything else - LOL.

Hawk Teflon
10-26-2013, 11:26 AM
PS...Marlon and Alec are lucky cuz we would have whiped the floor with them. haha!

You'd better finish this and enter it. You still owe me $5, and I intend to get it before my son goes off to college.

pborghee
10-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Alright guys I decided to release the film with what we had since the DP and the Director are still fighting. HOWEVER I just received a phone call tonight from the writer of the short stating that she had already done a copyright on the script and since it was still hers she wouldn't allow me to release the short until we could fully tell the story how the script intended. So since the Director and the DP are still fighting and a writer who I assume has a law degree lol wont allow me to share this short I apologize again but Theater Cleaning in Progress will not be released on Halloween for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Matt Harris
10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey at least you tried!

As for the writer pulling copyright rank, that is the exact reason why I don't shoot other people's scripts.

NICK ASH
10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
wow, seriously? If I do use someone's script, which was only once and that is for this fest, I make sure release forms are signed up front. I learned the hard way. Everyone I work with signs one. No offense to anyone just business. I even had Zaza sign one back in 2011 when he worked with me as AD on a music video.

Really sorry to see all that drama drop everything through the roof on ya. Good luck in the future and keep us in the loop with any future projects.

ZazaCast
10-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I even had Zaza sign one back in 2011 when he worked with me as AD on a music video.

Yeah... about that.... my lawyer will be in touch! :Drogar-SunGlass(DBG

NICK ASH
10-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah... about that.... my lawyer will be in touch! :Drogar-SunGlass(DBG

I'm heading to Mexico....good luck!