PDA

View Full Version : Video FACT & tech treatment

vuzz
08-05-2005, 11:44 AM
I am applying for a Music Video grant with MusicPlus here in Canada and wondered if any people have advice or tips about the process. I also wanted to know if anyone has a example of a technical treatment, this is one of the things they request.

V

ecking
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
I was actually interested in doing tthe same thing so if anyone could shed some light on this that'd be great.

Neil Rowe
08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
what is a treatment?:

Before writing a script, a film writer's first step is often a film treatment -- a detailed description of the film from beginning to end (typically 10-20 pages long). Before asking for the funding to script the film, you can write a treatment, using the structure worked out ..possibly with the story cards and story graph, describing what would happen in the film, and (to some extent) what the film audience would see and hear.

sample treatment:

http://www.screentalk.biz/moviescripts/AliensTreatment.pdf

vuzz
08-05-2005, 02:11 PM
A technical treatment is not the same as a treatment, it's regarding, format, effects, cam angles and lens etc.. I just want to know how to format it as in script style or just outline, scene by scene or what. I thought that some music video directors on this board could share that process and anything else regarding applying for grants for music videos, not films.

v

Ferret Lady
02-04-2009, 10:28 PM
A technical treatment is not the same as a treatment, it's regarding, format, effects, cam angles and lens etc.. I just want to know how to format it as in script style or just outline, scene by scene or what. I thought that some music video directors on this board could share that process and anything else regarding applying for grants for music videos, not films.

v

did you ever figure this out? i'm applying to videoFACT too and would LOVE to see an example of a technical treatment!!!!!!

Michele Seidman
02-05-2009, 09:37 PM
no answer here at all just tickled scratch is applying and had to say..you go girl!

Ferret Lady
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
oh thanks michele haha.. my search continues!