PDA

View Full Version : Blender Help Please

chrisdlee
04-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Disclosure: I am very familiar with After Effects, but I am trying to learn a 3D app. I figured I would try Blender since it is free. I am a total newb with 3D software, but I get the concepts on how to create some things with it.

I am trying to complete The Bullet from Andrew Kramer's Video Copilot tutorial. I am getting stuck on one part, and I'm not sure if it is me or Blender. The tutorial uses Blender 2.45, but I am trying to follow along with 2.66. I have been doing ok up until the part where he creates a new plane, adds a material, then adds a texture of the plate (jpg) he is compositing on. The image is one where Sam is holding the gun so that I can correctly position the 3D bullet coming out of Sam's gun. Andrew explains that this plane will be used as a placeholder for the video to be added in AE. However, I cannot get the image of Sam to appear on the plane in the camera view. I have to render the scene in order to be able to see the image texture. Andrew also uses a Modifier - a Subdivision Surface - in order to create more mesh points for better resolution of the texture image. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I don't think it does as I have tried it with and without the modifier and still nothing. This is really frustrating b/c I am almost done with the effect, but am hung up on this one little thing. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

If nothing else works, I guess I can always download v2.45 and try it there. I would really like to learn the most current version, though.

Thanks,

Chris

Noli
03-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Hi Chrisdlee, I think your question is pretty old :shocked:,
but maybe someone else stumbles over this article as well. Since 2013 Blender has improeved a lot and got some pretty new effects (particles, fire, smoke, fluids, explosions...) included. So the programm "aftereffects" is probably not that necessary anymore.:violent5: