PDA

View Full Version : mov 50i to 24p pulldown help.

squig
02-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Help! I'm testing a D5200 and I need to do a 50i to 25p reverse telecine. I'm on a mac, I've got fcpx, premiere, after effects, and fcstudio 7 (not installed). I tried compressor but it looks like shi#. I'm googling but I need some expert advice. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops I messed up the thread title, it's supposed to be 50i to 25p, but if you know how to do 60i to 24p that works for me too.

MichaelP
02-28-2013, 04:47 AM
You may need a plug-in to to that as field to progressive takes some retiming to generate higher quality images. 50i to 25p will be easier than 60i to 24p. Look for Magic Bullet or associated plug-ins that do this. Twixtor may do this as well. Higher end work tends to go through hardware based conversion solutions like Teranex.

Michael

squig
02-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks Michael. I'm shooting a feature for theatrical release and I don't want any nasty surprises in post, so my question really is can it be done at a reasonable cost without any noticeable IQ degradation or is it not worth it? (reasonable cost meaning software based solution)

Quicktime and VLC play the 60i file deinterlaced but when I try to play it in fcpx it falls apart. I have managed to convert it to 24p in JES deinterlacer.

David Jimerson
03-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Help! I'm testing a D5200 and I need to do a 50i to 25p reverse telecine. I'm on a mac, I've got fcpx, premiere, after effects, and fcstudio 7 (not installed). I tried compressor but it looks like shi#. I'm googling but I need some expert advice. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops I messed up the thread title, it's supposed to be 50i to 25p, but if you know how to do 60i to 24p that works for me too.

Is the footage you shot 50i, or is it 25p recorded in a 50i stream?

What do you want to do with it which requires the "reverse telecine"?