PDA

View Full Version : Audition 3.0 with premiere cs5.0.3

firehawk
02-16-2013, 06:34 PM
I thankfully have audition 3.0 to use now instead of the wretched soundbooth cs5.
This may not be possible, but when working in premiere cs5.0.3 from the timeline, the "edit in adobe audition" option is now available but when it tries to open audition to work with the premiere audio I get the error" audition could not find a supported audio device. Please check your device settings" and goes no further.

Audition seems to work fine when I run it unlinked to premiere.
Is there a way to use it with premiere like in the old cs2 days when I could send the audio track from premiere to audition, fix it, then it's automatically updated in premiere?
Or is that not possible since the cs5 production premium didn't include audition and therefore cannot be linked?

Even if it can't, I still made a great step forward getting audition again even if I have to run it separately and do the audio work outside of premiere.

Chris Adler
02-16-2013, 06:41 PM
That's weird. So if you open Audition it has an audio device selected and it works out of the box? That setting one would assume would be global regardless of the project and how it's loaded. I haven't encountered that, but I don't use Dynamic Link, I export project for sound design in Audition.

nwstudios
02-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Did you look at your preferences in Audition to see what device it was trying to use?

I switch around between several interfaces and Asio drivers so mine gets changed frequently.

firehawk
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Audition worked straight from the install. I never changed anything.
I dont really know how to change audio drivers/preferences/etc but I'll look and see.
I certainly don't use it to much of it's ability with instruments or anything.
I just use it to mix channels, restore and fix audio problems, audio effects and edit music.
I haven't installed the 3.0.1 update yet. I guess it's a good idea.
I'm really happy to have audition again. I've been using 2.0 on my CS2 machine but have missed it dearly on my CS5 machine.
Thanks guys.

firehawk
04-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Here's what I did in case someone stumbles across this thread in the future.
Audition 3 does work reasonably well linked to Premiere Pro 5.0.3 with a couple small snags:

In audition 3 under preferences, first under "Audio Hardware Setup" I have "Audition 3.0 Windows Sound selected in the Audio Driver drop down.

Below that I have "Release ASIO driver in background" checked.
I then clicked ok.

Once that is done the link between premiere pro and audition works with the below procedure.

When I'm working in Premiere and I know I am going to toss audio to audition or sound work, first I save and close premiere. Then I open audition and close it.
Then I restart premiere and work as normal and I can throw files over to audition and it will open and work with the file and then send it back and work fine the rest of the day without any futher hassles.

Every once in a while it will save the file as just noise but most of the time it works.

If I do not close premiere and open/close audition the first time then when I try to send audio to audition ("edit in adobe audition" option) from premiere it will have the error mentioned in the original post and not work.

So yeah, it works with a minor annoyance of having to stop premiere and the start and stop audition the first time but then it's pretty much good after that until the next computer restart.
I'm just glad to have audition again! :)