PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining Quality Control...

Sithxace
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
I am curious how everyone on here maintains quality control in the work that produce. My personally, I see if I work on projects for long periods of time, I do from time to time have a typo or something the client notices. The bigger issue I deal with is I log my time and I know what I am getting paid, when a project begins to become less profitable, I tend to begin to rush a bit and the quality control suffers.

Any tricks tips anyone cares to share? I show others the rough when I can before submitting the copy.

tom_wise
02-01-2013, 06:59 AM
I am curious how everyone on here maintains quality control in the work that produce. My personally, I see if I work on projects for long periods of time, I do from time to time have a typo or something the client notices. The bigger issue I deal with is I log my time and I know what I am getting paid, when a project begins to become less profitable, I tend to begin to rush a bit and the quality control suffers.

Any tricks tips anyone cares to share? I show others the rough when I can before submitting the copy.

Then you have to decide what your primary goal is from the beginning. To be paid? To create a quality product? Both are acceptable together too, they just take effort.

I think making an effort to use proper grammar and syntax would be a good start for you. As evidenced by your thread here. So my suggestion is to begin caring enough about everything you post or write and get your grammar correct. Along with that, if you do not have spell check in your browser, then create posts in a word processing program before posting. You could also do the same with your titles and such for your production work, then copy/paste them into the composition. Read your work out loud if reading to yourself doesn't work. Begin by caring.