PDA

View Full Version : How to record from computer to VHS?

Viktor Schroeder
01-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Hi guys,

First - not entirely sure this is the right forum. My apologies :-))

I would like to record from my computer to a VHS tape. So I need some kind of s-video out from my computer, to either a TV or directly to a VCR machine so I can record it!

New GFX cards don't have the s-video output any more, so I need some sort of extra card I recon. I hope you guys have a solution for this, because I really searched the net and asked around!

Many thanks in advance

Jordan_S
01-29-2013, 04:13 AM
If your computer has firewire, your best bet is to use a DV camera as the intermediary between the computer and the VCR. That's if the cam can do it. Many can. I haven't done this in about a dozen years. Perhaps there's a newer way.

Paul Hudson
01-29-2013, 06:33 AM
What computer are you using?

David Jimerson
01-29-2013, 07:02 AM
There are Analog to Digital (A/D) converters which will help in this; most (all?) plug into the computer through firewire. They're not expensive.

They were huge about 10-12 years ago when everyone wanted to transfer VHS for DVD burning; not sure about what's out there now.

Hunter Starnes
01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Not too long ago, I used my HV20 camera as an intermediate to record to tape. You might try this or burn a DVD and hook it up to a VHS recorder.

Shooter
01-29-2013, 11:52 PM
http://www.grassvalley.com/products/advc55

or the 110 for more versatility.

Of course you need to be able to play out (Export / Print to tape ) from an application such as Premiere thru this device.

inefab
01-30-2013, 02:20 AM
You might try this or burn a DVD and hook it up to a VHS recorder. so simple !