View Full Version : What is the term for this type of color correction?

01-28-2013, 12:17 PM

I happened by this video on vimeo. Not that I care for the content all that much, but I love the color correction on the still before playing with the lettering. How is this achieved, what do you call this? Is it de-saturation?

Bruce Watson
01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Is it de-saturation?

That appears to be mainly what they've done, yes.

01-28-2013, 05:03 PM
I say contrast is lowered as well as a bit of saturation. You can also use curves to remove some blue/green mid channel and get a bit of that retro look going too. Also the lighting is pretty flat which helps with the effect.

Best thing is to experiment, it shouldn't be too hard to get close to what you're after.