PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Beijing, and Looking for Advice.

Plochmann
01-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Hey, i'm long time reader, but never joined. I just moved to Beijing China for a couple of years, and I'l kinda lonely. :crybaby: No, not too bad. I wanted to join up with some of my favorite sites since I'm online more. And if anyone happens to be in Beijing.... we could meet up.
I wanted some advice on a job I did, I was led on for almost a year to do this simple job. The clients just kinda never committed to an idea, and finally when I came in to shoot they didn't want any people in their office- no clients or doctors. They asked for a virtual tour.... so this is what I did. I would love some advice from any veterans or creative types on what they would have done differently to try to make the best video under these limited conditions. Thanks a lot.
http://youtu.be/PRP7FcDrEPc

supergrc
02-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Hey Plochmann, nice to hear you are also in Beijing. I was born and had lived here for 22 yrs. I happen to read your post while I am browsing filmmaking know-how to teach myself from the beginning. And this is my first post ever on this forum!
I am not sure, with 0 experience, if I can give any useful advice. Whatsoever, I think it might be a good idea if you relocate the gadgets and equipment in this clinic as if they were just being used, which I think may add to the diversity of the scenes.
I hope we could meet up some day in Beijing :) My number is 138-103-58969. Plz feel free to contact.

Allan Black
02-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Hah a rare occasion, 2 first posts only, in one thread. Congratulations gents and welcome.

I guess you've both learned to survive the Beijing traffic, I needed more lessons there then an appointment with your clinic Plochmann :)

What are they going to do with your video? I'd have had some smiling faces in there. 3 tables in the one room? smacks of bulk billing.
And the blue cover could be over a deceased patient.

Sorry but you asked.

Cheers.