PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

BackyardWorkshop
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Hey everybody - just introducing myself :)

I was starting to get into filmmaking several years back and was working with a Canon HV-20 at the time. I starting looking at DOF adapters (doesn't everyone?) and since there was (at the time) just one guy selling stuff for a DIYer like me I decided to make my own.

Well to make my own I figured I needed a CNC machine - looking at prices they were just to out of the park (again at the time) for me to buy one so I decided to make one of those too

after making my first CNC machine (from motors stolen from printers and MDF) I decided that it wasn't accurate nor stable enough to make my camera parts - that first CNC machine would barely mill wood :) so I decided to make CNC machine #2 form aluminum and use no MDF or wood parts at all - which led me to my next hobby and that's Aluminum casting - I figured I needed to cast my own aluminum parts for that second machine (are you getting the vibe that I'm a cheap a$$ LOL)

So I cast some aluminum parts and threw together some aluminum extrusion, got some bigger motors and built myself a bigger better CNC machine - then I got into woodworking, metalworking, and all sorts of other things - even built myself a 3D printer! :)

We are talking years here...

Finally I have come back to filmmaking! LOL in all that time all those projects and I never got back into it - until now :)

and actually what I am doing is music videos for my band ;) but I'm looking to make some good DIY filmmaking gear

I have an 8' crane, and homemade dolly, and a bunch of lights... But I just got a Canon T4i and I am printing myself a Follow Focus and rail system as we speak :)

OK that's me - if you are interested in my hobbies at all I got a site up http://www.backyardworkshop.com

and my first video since getting back into this is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ham-RNcs2EE

Jamie

Homlo
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome.....
I am also new here and I am happy after entering this wonderful forum which has some nice And interesting ideas from lovely people here. I hope that there will be Great fun here . Thanks in Advance.

GaryNattrass
05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the forum!

hasji
06-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Hi i am totally new here & want to discuss with a new topics, that is stock related. Not so details. but it is a primary discussion about stock. also if anyone fell interest about it. he/ she can join with me for discussing the topics, & also you can see more by seekingtechnicals.com visit.

Thanks.