PDA

View Full Version : Can't output an AVI from SpeedGrade above 4gb?

therobinsonbrothers
01-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I can not output an AVI file from SpeedGrade above 4gb? Anyone can help me with this? My hard-drive is NTFS and I can output from Premiere CS6 with files over 4gb.

Gord.T
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
I can't speak specifically to that case but if you have an option to render out an Image Sequence instead I'd try that. The problem is sometimes the process of creating the avi while rendering causes in itself to run out of memory. A lot of that is handled via ram. It's sounds like a 32 bit limit off hand. When rendering Image Sequences your are generally ony limitied to the size of each individual render frame so that might help.

Anyways try that and then you can always convert the Image Sequence into another format such as an avi using a different program such as QT pro for example.

Let me know if that works or not.

//edit: There are also many other benefits to rendering image sequences.
Including but not limited to:

- Able to manually fix up a few bad spots on a few individual frames without have to rerender.
- Able to supply the video/sequence in a number of different formats without having to rerender.
- It's very memory friendly and fast becuase you avoid all of the compression algorithms and the codec problems that go along with video process.

therobinsonbrothers
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yea I just move on to DPX output. Thanks for the help.

David Jimerson
01-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Is there an option to enable OpenDML AVI rendering? If not, that's most likely the problem.