PDA

View Full Version : Video Newb :)

RedBeard75
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Just saying hi, and introducing myself. I am a photographer looking at video as so many others are these days. I was looking for a good one stop resource and this forum seems to be a good place to start! Any advice on a good thread or read to get my feet wet?

jackscoldsweat
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
G'day and welcome to the group. If you're already shooting stills what gear are you using?

RedBeard75
12-27-2012, 06:38 PM
D800, and some 2.8, and 1.8 Nikon glass :-) and a Fuji X100

D700 but no video on that obviously.

David G. Smith
12-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Welcome to DVXUSER!. I think you will find the place very informative and civil. To start, I would go through each forum and sub-forum and read the "Stickies". There is a lot of great information there. Then I would get used to the search functions, which, to be honest, can be a little tricky, but you can get the hang of it. What kind of videos are you looking to make?

RedBeard75
12-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Interviews mostly. A friend owns a MMA management company and was looking for some help with fighter promotional videos. I feel confident with the lighting side of things, but I don't want to attempt it until I have a handle on the basics. Good sound, good post production. I guess I shouldn't say the basics because some of it will carry over from still photography. Like white balance and such.

I have already started checking the stickies, and lots of good info to say the least. A bit overwhelming :-)