PDA

View Full Version : Brand New DVX 100a.. dropouts

MANNA FILM
07-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I have a brand new DVX 100a and noticed dropout from playback from DVX to TV....Please tell me if its the tapes(5 for 17.99 Panasonic ME DVM60)causing these ocassianal liquidy dropouts? Should I be using the Pro tapes my DVX came with? Im doing projects left and right I dont mind the extra cost if any but the dropouts must cease....hope its not my camera :embarasse

Shaw
07-18-2005, 10:41 AM
My DVX did the same exact thing when I first recieved it. Scared the crap out of me. Once I'd run the heads through a tape or so though I've never had a drop out since. I've always used the standard consumer Panasonic DV tapes and they've worked flawlessly so I doubt it's the tape itself.

kikndrummer
07-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Just don't mix tapes if you can help it....they use different lubricants and don't play nicely with other brands.

Mainly I think if you use Panasonic tapes don't use SONY tapes....from what I know they create a gooey mixture since one is a powder lube and the other is a liquid.....I use mostly Panasonic pro tapes or MQ and they work great!

MANNA FILM
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks but what do i do about the projects with drops on them..assuming that waht I have is dropouts( A glitch in the Matrix type look, where its kinda jittering and liquidy) ...hats my situation....

AshG
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
No way to "fix" drop outs. You might try finding someone with a high end deck and seeing if it handles the tapes better... I have actually had my DSR-11 play back tapes the camera would not without drop outs. FYI, this is fairly common for new DV cameras... corrects itself after a couple hours of use....

ash =o)