PDA

View Full Version : Blu ray Authoring software for OSX?

aonavy
12-14-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm look to export some of weddings to BR discs. I haven't been able to find software to create menus and such for OSX. anyone recommend anything?

j1clark@ucsd.edu
12-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm look to export some of weddings to BR discs. I haven't been able to find software to create menus and such for OSX. anyone recommend anything?

If you have a recent Adobe CS package you could pay for a 'cloud' subscription which would allow you to use Encore. I don't know what other and 'cheaper' tools that are out there, as I've only used Encore of the Production Premium bundle, and now subscribed to Adobe Cloud, which allows me to use any of the Adobe apps.

Exact
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
We use Adobe Encore coupled with Photoshop. Done.

aonavy
12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I ended up getting Toast! well see how that works

Gary Huff
12-15-2012, 12:05 PM
We use Adobe Encore coupled with Photoshop. Done.

Ditto. Works great.

Brad_Weiss
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I've had experience doing just this... exporting to BR from a MacPro. Had issues with Encore freezing mid burn process, so ended up taking the route of making a blu-ray image in Encore then burning this image to disc via Toast Titanium. Turned out great!

aonavy
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I've had experience doing just this... exporting to BR from a MacPro. Had issues with Encore freezing mid burn process, so ended up taking the route of making a blu-ray image in Encore then burning this image to disc via Toast Titanium. Turned out great!

Hope I dont have any issues. If I do, ill use the windows 7 VM i have to burn the BR

Exact
12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
So far I've had absolutely zero burning issues on a MacPro running CS6.