PDA

View Full Version : Audio editor advice?

firehawk
12-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi,
I have used adobe production premium creative suite (the original) which has premiere 2.0 and audition 2.
I really like the way they work together and the work I can do with audition.
Lately I've been using cs5 production premium on my other workstation which has soundbooth and I do not like it at all. In my opinion it's not nearly as good as the older audition. Even the simple task of mixing channels is not good.
In fact I dislike it so much that I've been copying the audio files over to my old workstation which has audition 2 and working it there but that wastes time.

I see they went back from soundbooth to audition starting in version cs5.5 and I thought about buying it but the reviews I read were incredibly negative for both the cs5.5 and cs6 version. Over and over again I read people saying audition 3 was the last good version.

So what audio program is good?
I need to mix channels, remove noise, restoration tools, and several of the functions that were in v2.

El Director
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Audition in CS6 is amazing for all the tasks you mentioned

Exact
12-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Audition CS6 is our go-to audio app. Forget sourndbooth - Audition CS6 is a lot better. HOWEVER, you will need to keep soundbooth installed if you still want access to the royalty free music and sound effects that came with it (assuming you downloaded them ;)). Audition doesn't include them.

netwerks
12-13-2012, 06:43 AM
+1 I have used about every audio editing platform know to man in the last 20 years. For video work, CS6 Audition integration with Premiere is beautiful.

Chris Adler
12-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Audition does have a pile of additional content including music loops, Foley effects, etc. They're available under "Additional Content" in the pull down menus.

firehawk
12-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Thank you, everyone. Looks like I need to get cs6.

nwstudios
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi,

So what audio program is good?

Pro Tools or Nuendo are made for video post and make audio for video a joy but your talking serious money. Audition is probably closest thing on a budget.

David W. Jones
12-14-2012, 04:32 AM
I have the CS6 Production Premium Suite, but do all my audio work in Pro Tools.

Chris Adler
12-14-2012, 06:12 AM
David, what does Pro Tools give you that you can't do in Audition? Just wondering.

nwstudios
12-14-2012, 05:36 PM
David, what does Pro Tools give you that you can't do in Audition? Just wondering.

Its not so much what you can or can't do, its how much easier it is to get things done.
Switched to Nuendo 2 years ago. Audition now feels like I am driving a car with four flat tires.

ceejay7777
12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Let's throw something else into the mix (so to speak) - Samplitude. Been using it for years for both music production and post. Incidentally, I also have Audition, Cubase, Reaper and Pro Tools, but still go back to Samplitude because its object-based editing just can't be beat.

Exact
12-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Its not so much what you can or can't do, its how much easier it is to get things done.
Switched to Nuendo 2 years ago. Audition now feels like I am driving a car with four flat tires.

Can you expand on this? I know much of this is touchy feely personal preference, but having never used Nuendo and not having used ProTools for many years it would be interesting to know why these are possibly better tools and if they are likely to either a) produce better results or b) save time (especially if it's enough to justify their cost).