PDA

View Full Version : Zombie effect?

New_Zealand
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm shooting a Zombie film and will have a number of them in makeup but I do have a very unique scene which hasn't been done in any Zombie films and since the Zombie will be up close in the camera shot I want it to look as real as possible so wondering if I should go CGI with that shot vs makeup? If I do go CGI should I have the guy dress up in a green suit like they did for Gollum in LOTR?

Justin Kuhn
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
No one can really help you with this question without knowing what you're trying to accomplish. All I can say from reading this is that you might be a little underprepared. If you do shoot something for full body replacement, make sure you put some of those ping-pong balls on the suit for motion tracking. Probably at all of the joints.

Tolin
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Just talk to your VFX supervisor and the digital effects team - They will know what you need to shoot for them to be able to create what you want. A full CGI character mocapped is one way to go, but with zombies that is rarely done (as they are humanoid to begin with), and if you doubt the make-up will look believable, you might simply want to find a more talented make-up artist.

New_Zealand
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks