PDA

View Full Version : What's the cheapest way to Live Chromakey the Component output of the HVX-200?

ruester
11-29-2012, 07:36 AM
I have an HVX-200 and I want to live chroma-key HD footage for use on a greenscreen style show like "The Soup", "Tosh.0" etc... The live chromakey would be for the performer's benefit, but all footage would be recorded on P2 and then processed later to clean it all up...

What would be the cheapest way to accomplish this? I have Adobe Master Collection CS5 (not sure if anything there would be of use for the live aspect), I want to keep it HD so I guess I'm stuck trying to chromakey the component output from the HVX...

Any thoughts?

Thanks all!!

Paul F
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
This one is free and looks to be exactly what you are looking for. I don't know anything about the product. Just did a search. Mac only, but a search may find a Windows version from another source.

http://www.zachpoff.com/software/chroma-key-live/

nosys70
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
well everything involving computer is not cheap, since you need to provide a computer.
additionaly if you need HD, there isi usually no way to input hires into a computer without purchasing harware.
and then you need the software.
so forget about the word cheap.
if you go for desktop PC, you can use an intensity pro card (blackmagic) with composite, component, hdmi input.
for the software you can use Vmix 2012, allows 4 input in HD with keying for 70$