PDA

View Full Version : Adding another new user to the fray..

MichaelR
10-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Throwing another new user post on the pile.

Have dropped past this site on and off since I owned a Canon XL1 many years ago. Have been a part of some short films and small amount of steadicam/commercial work, though never really took it seriously. Now's the time to actually get involved and have some fun.
Have finally upgraded the sporadically used XL and currently have a Panasonic AF102, 5dmk3, 5Dmk2 and a bunch of L series lenses.

After spending many hours trolling through some very informative discussions on here, I've just ordered a bunch of (albeit entry level) LCD lighting panels, a Sanken CS-3e microphone and am looking for a Sound Devices 302 mixer to hook up to my Zoom H4n. It has taken some time, but I finally understand that audio is just as important as the picture.

So should have most of the gear but still no idea. So now my brother and I have some hours ahead in learning how to actually use everything.
Would absolutely love to help out in anyway possible on any projects in the Brisbane area to increase my/our experience and knowledge base.

Thanks for reading, sorry in advance for any entry level questions and catch you all around! http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/icons/icon14.png
Michael.

craigbowman
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Throwing another new user post on the pile.

Have dropped past this site on and off since I owned a Canon XL1 many years ago. Have been a part of some short films and small amount of steadicam/commercial work, though never really took it seriously. Now's the time to actually get involved and have some fun.
Have finally upgraded the sporadically used XL and currently have a Panasonic AF102, 5dmk3, 5Dmk2 and a bunch of L series lenses.

After spending many hours trolling through some very informative discussions on here, I've just ordered a bunch of (albeit entry level) LCD lighting panels, a Sanken CS-3e microphone and am looking for a Sound Devices 302 mixer to hook up to my Zoom H4n. It has taken some time, but I finally understand that audio is just as important as the picture.

So should have most of the gear but still no idea. So now my brother and I have some hours ahead in learning how to actually use everything.
Would absolutely love to help out in anyway possible on any projects in the Brisbane area to increase my/our experience and knowledge base.

Thanks for reading, sorry in advance for any entry level questions and catch you all around! http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/icons/icon14.png
Michael.

How come you're all upside down?

Noel Evans
10-31-2012, 07:53 PM
How come you're all upside down?

I think its actually the other way around.

Welcome to DVXUser Michael. Im often looking for extra hands to pitch in outside my commercial work. Add me on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/noel.evans.58 - have a couple of things not too far away.

MichaelR
11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks Noel, I've added as requested. Happy to help out where possible.
Hi Craig, I've been to Jasper, Banff and many surrounding areas. You guys have some amazing filming locations available right on your doorstep.