PDA

View Full Version : I composited a chin creature out of my wife for Gangnam Style

robinsonirwin
10-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I hope you'll either hate this or love this...
I composited and motion tracked using my wife's arms, legs, chin, eyes....other stuff.

http://youtu.be/vzpgV4zyONQ

Did i lose a little of my soul making this? Maybe...

atarijedi
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
That isn't what the description on Youtube says...

Egg Born Son
10-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Hey, there's no rule saying you can't be married to your brother. Oh hang on a minute, yes there is.

This joke was old before it began but the chin monster was well executed. In Australia the chin-monster has been used for years on an annual cancer fundraising advertising campaign so it might not be as stale elsewhere. Some of the background graphics were pretty effective and matched the music really well, others less so. I'd say you achieved your goal. I still like electronic music but that song is everywhere at the moment. It's wearing out it's welcome fast!

In my raving days I might have liked it better but as I get older my eyes tire quickly if you don't let up occasionally with the epilepsy inducing flashes and goldfish attention span style editing. That said, looking back at some old Prodigy videos (masters of it in their day) they weren't as frenetic and fit inducing as what I see in dance music videos currently, although it certainly seemed like it at the time.

robinsonirwin
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Egg Born Son, thanks for the well thought out response. It's true!! I missed the gangnam style wave by like... 2-3 weeks. I came up with the idea late and after I started I just felt like I had to finish....like it was... my destiny.
I'll have to check out that australian campaign to see how other people did the chin monster.

And no, I'm not married to my brother! That was just the first weird description that came to mind.. :) --- My whole goal with that youtube channel is to make weird stuff. http://www.youtube.com/picturehop