PDA

View Full Version : DVD with no audio on some computers?

firehawk
09-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Hi,
We have a couple clients out of many that say they cannot hear the audio on the DVD we made.
It was authored with encore 2.0 as a standard video DVD just the same as we have been authoring for 5 years. The client says it was tested with windows media player and VLC media player which they say plays all their other videos, using their windows XP machine.

Every set top player I test it on, old and new work fine as well as every computer I tested it on: MacPro, WinXP, WinVista, Win98, Power DVD and windows media player 9.

Any ideas what could be wrong? It's a long distance communication so I can't drive there to see what they are doing.

If you "explore" the DVD on a computer it looks like the regular DVD layout. There is a video_TS folder and inside that are vide0_ts, video_ts.ifo, vts_01_0.bup, etc..

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas because I don't know what is going on. This is the first time we've ever had such an "issue"

inefab
09-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,
We have a couple clients out of many that say they cannot hear the audio on the DVD we made.
It was authored with encore 2.0 as a standard video DVD just the same as we have been authoring for 5 years. The client says it was tested with windows media player and VLC media player which they say plays all their other videos, using their windows XP machine.

Every set top player I test it on, old and new work fine as well as every computer I tested it on: MacPro, WinXP, WinVista, Win98, Power DVD and windows media player 9.

Any ideas what could be wrong? It's a long distance communication so I can't drive there to see what they are doing.

If you "explore" the DVD on a computer it looks like the regular DVD layout. There is a video_TS folder and inside that are vide0_ts, video_ts.ifo, vts_01_0.bup, etc..

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas because I don't know what is going on. This is the first time we've ever had such an "issue"

Tell 'em to turn their speaker on !:laugh:

If the DVD plays normaly on standart DVD player, there is a problem with their computer.

firehawk
09-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Tell 'em to turn their speaker on !:laugh:

If the DVD plays normaly on standart DVD player, there is a problem with their computer.

That was my first thought, too. :) Either speakers turned off or they don't have DVD decoder software on their computer. But they think other videos play fine.