PDA

View Full Version : remote controlling c300 on crane

nebular
09-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi

i`m AC'ing a shoot next week with a C300 on a ~10m camera-crane.
For Wifi remote i found out, you need the "WFT-E6A" adaptor, but its about 500,-.
My idea now is, to get some cheap 10 metres of TRS-cable extension and using the side-handle on ground to start/stop the camera. I dont have access to the C300 currently, maybe one has tried this out before?
Is this cable on the side grip a standard 3.5mm stereo one?
Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

anatusa
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
1 more question if u dont mind - is there an electronic FF available?

nebular
09-19-2012, 11:04 AM
1 more question if u dont mind - is there an electronic FF available?

what do you mean by 'electronic FF'? some wireless focus device? As far as i could tell, with this wifi thing you can also control focus and iris with EF-lenses, but you will need the Wifi adaptor on the C300.
the traditional remote focus devices (arri, preston, chrosziel and so on) of course work with any camera.

In my case i'm just interested in being able to start and stop camera, as we have a remote focus.

nebular
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
i found this zacuto product: http://store.zacuto.com/Zgrip-Handle-with-C300-Grip-Relocator.html

they say something like "our exclusive cable", but it just looks like a regular 3.5mm trs cable. so buying a extension like this might work...?
http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/233048030.jpg

anatusa
09-20-2012, 05:14 PM
what do you mean by 'electronic FF'? some wireless focus device? As far as i could tell, with this wifi thing you can also control focus and iris with EF-lenses, but you will need the Wifi adaptor on the C300.
the traditional remote focus devices (arri, preston, chrosziel and so on) of course work with any camera.

In my case i'm just interested in being able to start and stop camera, as we have a remote focus.

i ment something like bebob foxy or manfrotto 521pfi for af100.....

thuzzles
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
When you look closely at the plug on the grip you will see there is an extra conductor. Did give it a try with a standard 3.5mm trs cable and can confirm that it doesn't work.

The Wifi adapter is very useful as you can use it to adjust many of the camera's settings, and you can use it to adjust focus with EF lenses.