PDA

View Full Version : Issue with moving effects between AE and Premiere

randomname
09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll start this off by saying that at best I'm an amateur when it comes to after effects, I'm trying to learn the program but there's little to nothing in the program that I can intuitively do. Anyway, I have a video I'm working on that I'm trying to incorporate some light leak transitions in to. I send the clips I want to transition in to After effects using the "replace with after effects composition" tool, use Luca Light leaks to get the effect I want, and go back to premiere when I'm done. So far, it all looks awesome, but then I'll finish work for the day, save everything, shut down premiere and after effects and when I load everything back up, the light leaks are incredibly choppy and just look horrible (it looks like this when rendered and exported as well). While this isn't the worst thing in the world as I can just go back and re-do the transitions, but it's incredibly annoying, and I'm worried that it will happen to more complicated, time consuming effects I use in the future as well. Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it? Is it something specific to this one plugin?

Jordan Scott Price
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Hmm. I have never had an issue quite that bad, but you should know that the different functions of Dynamic Link - like Replace with After Effects Composition - are still a little buggy. They are better in CS6 than they were in CS5/5.5, however.

My recommendation would be to clear your Premiere Preview Files in your scratch disk folder for that project before you shut down Premiere. Those are the render files created when you render a timeline for playback. Once you re-open Premiere, you will just have to re-render the timeline, if you still need playback before export.

Here's an unrelated pro tip, since you are starting out: If you ever have any kind of error with After Effects at all, go to Edit-->Purge-->All. It's the same theory as deleting Preview Files, and it will often fix issues with failed exports, freezes, or RAM preview issues.

starcentral
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
just some input here, I've used 'replace with after effects composition' within premiere cs5.5 and now cs6 several times on a variety projects and never had any issues quite like that.

Some thoughts, if you step through frame by frame are your effects still messed up? Lastly try a new premiere projects and 'replace with after effects composition" and this time try a filter in AE other than your light filter. I highly suspect the issue is your plugin. If this is the case, then ask Luca Light for support.