PDA

View Full Version : AC160 Sd card backup question

tazza
09-03-2012, 07:43 AM
I got into the habit of backing up my footage when shooting with my AF100, just copy the card from one slot to the other. I tried doing the same on the 160a and could not, no menu item for it. Is this the compromise of having the duel card record function?
Just as a side note - I was shooting skydivers landing on a beach, had to follow the sky divers from jump to ground, I was the only "video" camera among 5 Canon DSLRs,
i used the quick focus button throughout the jump and landing, I think I was the only one who was able to hold focus with image stablization. Will post some stills soon.
The long end of the zoom on this camera is incredible.

kwkeirstead
09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Its my understanding that with the 160A you can request parallel recording i.e. you get the same content on both SDs. Have you tried this?

tflak
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I got into the habit of backing up my footage when shooting with my AF100, just copy the card from one slot to the other. I tried doing the same on the 160a and could not, no menu item for it. Is this the compromise of having the duel card record function?
Just as a side note - I was shooting skydivers landing on a beach, had to follow the sky divers from jump to ground, I was the only "video" camera among 5 Canon DSLRs,
i used the quick focus button throughout the jump and landing, I think I was the only one who was able to hold focus with image stablization. Will post some stills soon.
The long end of the zoom on this camera is incredible.

Guess I'm a little confused why you would consider the simultaneous record option on the 160A as a "compromise" - it's not only saving you the time needed to copy the card, but also giving you a simultaneous backup. What's not to like?

+1 that this is an awesome lens.

Looking forward to seeing your stills. Sounds like a fun shoot.

tazza
09-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Sorry if I wasn't clear about this.
Whenever I start a shoot I put 2 -32gig cards in my camera. If both cards have footage and it happens to be footage I want for my own purposes, before I hand the cards over to the data wrangler I want to make a copy for myself hence the slot to slot copy.
I'm going thru this footage today will pull some stills.

tflak
09-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Ahh...that makes sense. Can see why you miss it.