PDA

View Full Version : The 249TH Regiment

The249TH
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Hello members,

I just wanna introduce myself here.
I am Dominique, CEO of the 249th Regiment. An organisation wich focuses his attention on making movies. Currently we are busy With a war/horror serie, called Catalyst. We are still writing on that script, but more info will follow! We have recently canceeld a movie, called Sons of the Battlefield. it was a movie written within the Halo-Universe. Together with my COO, Mike, we continue making movies!

But, to make movies, you need crew. I was hoping this forum would help us get more crew and/or fans. I don't know if this is the appropriate site for this, but i hope people will be interested.

If you are interested, and have read it up to this point, feel free to visit our website: http://249th.com
Or our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/249th

I hope to see you soon!

Regards,

Dominique Kruis - CEO/Director
Mike Ryan - COO/Scriptwriter

Doc Bernard
08-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome, 249th. This forum is dedicated to sharing knowledge of everything film, and I hope you would want to be a part of that. Please keep in mind, though, this site is not about just being a employment agency or an ad agency for anyone's project, it is more about what it takes to create a film and every aspect that covers.

We have a broad range of members here, from the beginning young person with their first video camera, to industry pro's making a living at film-making. You will find many people here at your same level, no matter where you "sit". You can find info about film-making, and hopefully, you can share your knowledge as well.

If you have not already, please review the forum rules.

On a side note...........what is the story about your company name? I am interested.

The249TH
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Welcome, 249th. This forum is dedicated to sharing knowledge of everything film, and I hope you would want to be a part of that. Please keep in mind, though, this site is not about just being a employment agency or an ad agency for anyone's project, it is more about what it takes to create a film and every aspect that covers.

We have a broad range of members here, from the beginning young person with their first video camera, to industry pro's making a living at film-making. You will find many people here at your same level, no matter where you "sit". You can find info about film-making, and hopefully, you can share your knowledge as well.

If you have not already, please review the forum rules.

On a side note...........what is the story about your company name? I am interested.

Thanks for Responding Doc Bernard.

To answer your questions, and give you some more info. We aren't just a company going to advertise, but we are making a movie ourselfs. Like i mentioned, i am the CEO, as well as the director of every movie we will produce. My presence here is both the search for people willing to invest time, as well as it is to seek knowledge. We tried to make a movie, but failed after the hammer of microsoft came down. Now we are making our first series. I have never directed before, so that is the main reason why i search for more information via this forum.

Now to answer your question: We came up with our name via our first movie. It was a halo movie, so obviously it ment war. To get the film more detailed, we decedid we needed the marines to be part of a regiment. However, we still hadn't figured out a number. So after quite a time thinking, I came up with the 249th. I think it sounds good, and is easy to say out loud. After we decided the marines regiment, we thought we could name the team behind the movie the same as the marines, just to make a connection with the movie.

The organisation really started after the cancellation of the first movie, and we decided to go on as the 249th regiment, an organisation specialized in making realistic war movies. And that is the main reason. So it is mostly because of the connection we have with the movies we make: War.

Regards,

Doc Bernard
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
It's too bad your US counterpart is not in California.......I would have been all over this.

LOL, yeah, I specialize in war too.........

The249TH
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
It's too bad your US counterpart is not in California.......I would have been all over this.

LOL, yeah, I specialize in war too.........

I am not in the US at all, if you can really get involved in our projects, there surely might be a way to get you to the filming location i.e.
And we have weekly skype meetings etc.

So, if you are feeling lucky? why don't try and joins us? we are with to men now, and maybe gonna expand to four. We could surely use some more help!

Regards,