PDA

View Full Version : low help

poya
07-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi guys

I am from different country and know I am living in USA , I am shooting for graduation , music video, festivals , documentary and ....
I need to know more about the filming business law because a lots of time I thing people laying to me how can I find out more about the law on this business I don't have any company .

thanks ahhmusic@yahoo.com

Jay Rodriguez
07-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi guys

I am from different country and know I am living in USA , I am shooting for graduation , music video, festivals , documentary and ....
I need to know more about the filming business law because a lots of time I thing people laying to me how can I find out more about the law on this business I don't have any company .

thanks ahhmusic@yahoo.com

hmmm, not sure of what you're looking for but you should try to Google it for a little while and search around.

Dyrseve989
07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Give us specific things in law you want to know, can't really help you as of now, what your asking can be taught in a 2 semester course at a film school

You got some specified Q's Ill be happy to do what I cn to answer them

-Matt-

thisiswells
07-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Someone lying to you in the film business!? You're joking, right?

You can't do anything about people lying to you; dealing with scumbags is a unique part of our little industry that I've come to expect, but still don't appreciate.

The key is to minimize losses due to sleezeballs while maximizing profit from new revenue streams, even if that means doing some pro bono on the front end. You never know where the next relationship might lead, so it's always a good idea to explore every opportunity so long as it doesn't cost too much.

The important thing to remember is that ALL clients are out to screw you, including *most* of the corporate ones.