PDA

View Full Version : slowmoVideo for Windows (Slow-Motion program)

Granjow
08-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Good afternoon,

One year ago I have presented slowmoVideo in this (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?255641-Smoke-in-slow-motion&highlight=slowmovideo) post, but back then it was available for Linux only. With a new algorithm that runs on the CPU (the other one runs on nVidia GPUs only) I could finally port it to Windows.

slowmoVideo is a program that, like Twixtor and similar, interpolates sub-frames to create slow-motion videos, as e.g. here:

https://vimeo.com/27681404

You can download it on slowmoVideo.granjow.net (http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/builds.php#h3_Windowsexecutables).

Simon

stefanhuberfilms
08-13-2012, 06:03 AM
nice! will there also be any support for mac osx?

Granjow
08-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Will, yes. Cannot do it myself thought since I do not have a Mac.

stefanhuberfilms
08-14-2012, 01:09 AM
what will it take to port it to osx? i could try something, but since i'm not that great in coding and i can barely keep my homepage up to date without CMS i can't promise anything...

nathankw
08-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Just downloaded and had a play - works brilliantly. The curve control makes speed changes so easy - much better than other software I've tried.
A few questions:
- The program keeps throwing up an error saying flowBuilder can't be found - but it seems to be working anyway. Is that a problem?
- Does the windows (non nvidia) version produce the same output as the linux gpu version? ie are the underlying algorithms the same?
- Your website mentions flow editing but I can't find that option. Is that currently linux only?

Anyway, congratulations on a superb simple to use program and qudos to you for making it open source.

thanks,

nathan

stefanhuberfilms
08-14-2012, 12:22 PM
hi again!
just downloaded the windows version.. i also downloaded wine and winebottler for osx to create a osx only (emulates a windows system) to use it just out of the box without prior install of wine... unfortunately it wasn't able to load the video codecs or something like that... but this would be a starting point maybe...

maranfilms
08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
this works with windows 7 64X ? i Didn't see the executable for it, only 32 bit. does it matter. And will it run without ffshow?

nathankw
08-15-2012, 01:21 AM
I running it on windows 7 64 and it runs fine. Doesn't use the extra power I guess.
The only problem I've got is that it crashes when I try to do any kind of motion blur.

Al MacLeod
08-15-2012, 05:00 AM
It works very well in XP...thank you sir !!

Granjow
08-18-2012, 01:54 AM
OS X:You will definitely some C++ skills for porting it to OS X, plus ideally know how to create .dmg packages.

64bit: slowmoVideo would not run faster with 64bit, I guess, and the 32 bit package works on 64 bit systems too.

ffshow: Not required. No additional libraries needed, slowmoVideo runs out-of-the-box (as far as I know) except for the ffmpeg executable.

GPU algorithm: The GPU algorithm (nVidia only) is in flowBuilder and has not been ported to Windows yet. My observation is that it produces much better results especially with larger movements

Flow Editor: Is now available as well in the .zip or .7z online.

@nathankw, should not crash. Can you run slowmoUI from a command line and see if there is an error message? When exactly does it crash, when rendering or when adding a blurring function?

nathankw
08-19-2012, 02:02 PM
It happens on rendering.
Just tried it from the command line. It did 11 frames then crashed.

The windows report was:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: slowmoVideo.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50279e8b
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00033e2d

Nothing obvious in the command line output.
The last line was "re-using existing flow image for left frame 1 to right frame 2:"

Granjow
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Okay, could you try deleting the corresponding optical flow file? It will look about like this: cache/oFlowOrig/forward-ocv-0001-0002.sVflow

Does it happen with other videos too?

zcream
08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi Simon.
I will look over the OSX port tomorrow. Macports provide the basic framework already, so I dont think it will be that hard.
Thanks for providing this tool..

Stigern
02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi

Firstly I want to say great work! Amazing program!

I'm currently testing it on a Asus G75V, GeForce 670M and Core i7, would it be possible for me to use flowBuilder(cuda?)?

Btw, using Windows 7/8