PDA

View Full Version : How do people with absolutely terrible music video resumes, get in contact with...

Scott W
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Such huge celebrities? I've seen people like Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, and many others with such terrible music videos by these apparent videographers who have extensive resumes of working with them, but how do they get in contact? I've tried talking to the labels themselves, twitter, facebook and everything in between but I can't even get ahold of anyone in charge of anything remotely related.

How can I reach out to some of these celebs?

Allan Black
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Well Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy won't be talking to you, this is a public forum. But send demos of your work to the managers of others.

Cheers.

Scott W
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Well Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy won't be talking to you, this is a public forum. But send demos of your work to the managers of others.

Cheers.

You don't say? Ok well I've contacted several managers/agents and non of them get back to me, but the question was, how do people with absolutely no video skills in editing or anything else land these jobs?

simonpwood
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
He means those 2 artists won't talk to you because you just said they had terrible music videos!

Who you know is often more important than what you know. A lot of times people get jobs from networking and being social, meeting the right people in the right places.

Negativity gets you nowhere though....

reem12
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
I just had this discussion today. In todays market it's not about how much schooling you have but 80% on pure connections. This is why all the schooling in the world will not out weigh great social skills, marketing skills, and a hustlers mentality. Now a days people will not hire you based on the way you look, personality, etc. You have to be able to mingle on all sides. Yes it helps to have some skill, but for most rap videos, they don't require much and usually follow a simple guideline in which the mass majority of young kids with a dslr have mastered. The mass majority of rap videos I see use very little lighting if any on scenes, little to no story, which means little to no direction needed. So yeah, if the mass majority of hip hops target market does not require more from its genre, then why change whats not broken.

So I woudn't be upset about not getting calls back or even should you discredit another mans work for not living up to your expectations. Little wayne and the rest may feel as though that quality suits them just fine.