PDA

View Full Version : Your face, my lens.

Vicarious Ink
07-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Good evening/morning/afternoon for you lovely people who decided to read this.

Just wanted to say "Hello." I have decided to actually join DVX than just lurk around. A little quick info cap about myself and filming. I have been playing around with cameras since I was very little and being a pretty creative person, a friend and I are setting out to become a partnered Director/DP crew. Eventually once I get a better reel under my belt, I plan on starting up my Production company. Currently looking to move out to LA to join my brother and his friends who are actors out there. We'll see how this all turns out.

I may be a lot older than most people here (27) but don't let that foul you, I'm still pretty new to cinematography and directing, so there is a lot I still need to learn, but come hell or high water, I will be successful in this business and I'm a kind of person who likes to give back to the community. So we'll see that goes.

The biggest reason why I am here, is to network with fellow filmmakers and VFX artists, I tend to do a lot of scripting and now I have that extra "umph" to get shooting, so I may need to some paid help eventually.

Thanks for the welcome everyone and I hope to get to know you all better soon.

Vicarious Ink
07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Thought I would put my equipment I am working with currently.

My equipment:

Camera: Canon T2i - Magic Lantern
Lenses: 50mm 1.8f - 17-55mm
Lights: 168 LED Panel, 2x 800W Cool-flo Soft Boxes
Sound: Zoom H4n - Rode Boom Mic (w/ Boom pole)
Software: Adobe Master Collection CS5.5, Final Draft

Looking into getting the 5DIII or 5DII depending on the funds.

Victor Nhat Nguyen
07-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. Before you plan on getting a 5d, ask around on this forum. Me, I'm not getting another canon camera.