PDA

View Full Version : HPX250: p2 videos locked

?orilla Shänks
07-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi... still learning my ways of my 250- im trying to export the footage to my mac via usb 2.0.

I installed p2CMS and followed all the intstructions and chose the files and clicked ingest.

It then copied to the folder i selected but when i try to open it via vlc player it werent open? it also shows a locked symbol on the file?

How do i unlock it? am i doing something wrong?

thanks

rzr219
07-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Heres a question why are you using VLC to play back the video? Use the built in player in P2CMS to view your clips. I just tried to play mine with VLC and I could only get audio I am not sure if VLC will play back P2 files. Also P2CMS does lock the files as far as I remember this way you cant delete them by accident.

?orilla Shänks
07-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Heres a question why are you using VLC to play back the video? Use the built in player in P2CMS to view your clips. I just tried to play mine with VLC and I could only get audio I am not sure if VLC will play back P2 files. Also P2CMS does lock the files as far as I remember this way you cant delete them by accident.

hey, cause i read it you can open it through there... i tried opening it through the built in player i only hear sound 2... i copied the whole folder structure on my comp still cant play and convert it... not sure what to do...

rzr219
07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok, so I am guessing you want to just play back the footage you downloaded into P2CMS. Best way to transfer from the camera to your computer is to connect your camera and launch P2CMS, then point P2CMS to the new hard disk that shows up once the camera is seen by the computer as a hard drive. Then make sure you have set up a location to where the database will be stored on your local computer for P2CMS. Then you should see all the clips you have on the camera, select the clip you want from that point you can preview the clip by double clicking on it. Then go to the bottom and click Ingest. It take approx 1 min per 1GB. Once the transfer is complete you will receive a dialog box telling you if it worked. If all was good then click on the Database tap and under Categories select the correct selection you want to sort by and your video should be there. Then all you should have to do is double click it to play.
Also what editing system are you using?

The reason why it may not be the best to drag and drop is there is a possibly of data corruption. If you let P2CMS do the copying you are less likely to have this issue.

?orilla Shänks
07-18-2012, 01:02 AM
thanks i figured it out, did what you said it came into a folder and edited it on premiere pro

Ok, so I am guessing you want to just play back the footage you downloaded into P2CMS. Best way to transfer from the camera to your computer is to connect your camera and launch P2CMS, then point P2CMS to the new hard disk that shows up once the camera is seen by the computer as a hard drive. Then make sure you have set up a location to where the database will be stored on your local computer for P2CMS. Then you should see all the clips you have on the camera, select the clip you want from that point you can preview the clip by double clicking on it. Then go to the bottom and click Ingest. It take approx 1 min per 1GB. Once the transfer is complete you will receive a dialog box telling you if it worked. If all was good then click on the Database tap and under Categories select the correct selection you want to sort by and your video should be there. Then all you should have to do is double click it to play.
Also what editing system are you using?

The reason why it may not be the best to drag and drop is there is a possibly of data corruption. If you let P2CMS do the copying you are less likely to have this issue.

rzr219
07-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Great happy editing