PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can anyone find this plugin/transition?

Gman3k
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I'm working on a 2 hour conference video with about 40 slides. I'm trying to implement a transition between speaker/slides in premiere pro that looks like this:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5964/exxonmobilimageplacehol.png
Where the two shots move in '3d space' during transition and I can also have it half way with with both shots on screen at once.

I've managed to manually create this effect but applying it to 40 slides is taking a very long time.

The plugin used to do that effect is VideoConferecne part of FxFactory which is for FCP.

If anyone knows of a plugin for PP that can do anything like this I'd hugely appreciate it!

Thank you.

ZephyrStar
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Not for premiere, but this could be done in AE fairly easily...

Gman3k
07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I have After Effects. I would consider moving my project over there. I just need a really easy way to repeat this 40 times. Like I said I've replicated it successfully in premiere but repeating it, chopping up clips and getting the timing right and rearranging the layers 40 times over is very very slow.

daihard
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, AE would be the best. Frankly very easy to do this... And you can make a generic template and "duplicate" it as easy as copy/paste.

Gman3k
07-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok right. Awesome. Could you give me a rough idea of how to do it or point me in the right direction. I mean I can create the reflection animations and all that what I need to know is how to make a template out of it.

Gman3k
07-13-2012, 01:39 AM
I still have no idea how to make this a repeatable preset. Creating it once, no problem.

arco1
07-13-2012, 06:08 AM
I don't totally understand the effect you are trying to do, but...
Premiere Pro allows you to use a sequence within another sequence. Make this "effect" a sequence, then copy that sequence for each of your slides. Then put all of those sequences into your final sequence.

Jim

Hawk Teflon
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
The easiest way in AE would be to create a new comp (For this example, I'm assuming you shot in 1080p. Scale as necessary) at 1080p (Main comp). Create two more, just like it (left comp & right comp).

Drag the left comp into the main comp (you may want to put a colored solid in there so you can see it). Add a rounded rectangular mask around the whole thing (to round the corners) Scale it down to about 45% or so. Turn on 3D layer for it. Rotate on Y axis as needed (maybe 30 degrees).

Duplicate layer. Rotate on X axis 180 degrees. Add linear wipe. Make sure it's at the 180 degree mark. "Transition Complete" to about 30 or so. Feather as needed. Lower opacity to about 60 or so.

Do the same for the right side.

This will give you a template to drag and drop clips into (You'll drag the clips into the comps "left comp" and "right comp" and not "main comp"). Export as needed.

mmka1985
07-13-2012, 05:03 PM
If you have a Mac, you try Coremelt Instant Montages or Noise Industries plugins

Gman3k
07-16-2012, 03:09 AM
The easiest way in AE would be to create a new comp (For this example, I'm assuming you shot in 1080p. Scale as necessary) at 1080p (Main comp). Create two more, just like it (left comp & right comp).

Drag the left comp into the main comp (you may want to put a colored solid in there so you can see it). Add a rounded rectangular mask around the whole thing (to round the corners) Scale it down to about 45% or so. Turn on 3D layer for it. Rotate on Y axis as needed (maybe 30 degrees).

Duplicate layer. Rotate on X axis 180 degrees. Add linear wipe. Make sure it's at the 180 degree mark. "Transition Complete" to about 30 or so. Feather as needed. Lower opacity to about 60 or so.

Do the same for the right side.

This will give you a template to drag and drop clips into (You'll drag the clips into the comps "left comp" and "right comp" and not "main comp"). Export as needed.
Ah thank you very much for that.
Pretty useful but I'm still not quite clear on how I can implement it.

Basically at the moment I have a 2 hour long sequence in Premiere that has speakers (video) on one layer and a slides on another (still images just dropped in at roughly the appropriate time).
I can then move the images down into the video layer and get the timing right and put a dissolve on it. But of course I don't want a dissolve I want the video to turn away, move backward, reveal the slide which then turns in and moves to fill up the frame. And then back again until the next slide pops up (and sometimes the 2 layers are together on the screen for a while and we see the slide change).

I have a basic method of I have of achieving this at the moment takes about 15mins. But I have to do it 80 times in 2 days (as of now).
Experimenting with After Effects now taking on board what you said.