PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Canon 50mm FD 1.4 Aperature

twwestover
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Aperture* I recently purchased a 50mm FD 1.4 from a reputable ebay store for a gh2. I purchased the adaptor and now, I have figured out how to get the lens on with the adaptor, however, it seems like the lens aperature will close down from 1.4 to about 5.6 then the blades will not close any further no matter if I turn it to f16. Is there something I am overlooking / connection or something or is it a problem with the lens. Thanks.

Marduk
09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
what adapter are you using? if its something similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-Olympus-Panasonic-Cameras/dp/B003EAVUMK then make sure that the lens is completely seated on the adapter. Sometimes you will actually have to apply a little more force to get it to snap in place. also notice how there's a ring on the adapter that says "open" or "Lock" make sure the adapter ring is rotated towards "lock" to be able to open and close the aperture. I have the same lens on the adapter i linked and it works great.

shayanjameel08
11-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I advise you unless you understand the Canon mount not to "play" around with the two levers on the back of the mount. Remember if it ain't broke don't fix it! (grin) Mikeb