PDA

View Full Version : AC130: Scene File to best match AC130 to Canon 5D/7D

FUBARFilms
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey there, looking into purchasing an AC130A. I own a 5D and 7D and am looking for a decent ENG camera now, I was wondering (in the event I needed some B shots) if there is a scene file that someone out there has been using to match a Panasonic look to the Canon HDSLRs (I shoot with the CineStyle color profile on the 5D and 7D). If so, can someone point me in the direction of it?

THANKS!

Barry_Green
06-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I have a scene file that matches the look of the 7D, but when using normal settings, not the cinestyle profile...

FUBARFilms
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I have a scene file that matches the look of the 7D, but when using normal settings, not the cinestyle profile...

Where can I find this scene file, Barry?

Barry_Green
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Try this:
Detail -7
V-detail -7
coring -2
chroma level 0
phase -2
color temp ach -2
color temp bch -2
master ped -5
a.iris level 0
drs off
gamma cine-v
matrix norm1
skin tone dtl on

Use manual white balance on A or B and manually set the white balance, of course.

That should approximate a 7D on standard, with contrast & saturation set to -2.

Lou Bruno
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post the above scen file. How can we get a cine look that matches the 5D/7D ?

Your help is appreciated and your book is outstanding!

Barry_Green
06-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post the above scen file. How can we get a cine look that matches the 5D/7D ?
Not sure I understand the question? Use that scene file, and a 5D/7D set to "standard" and -2 on most settings, and they should match pretty much exactly...

Jglenn
07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Just got my AC130A and Barry Green's book, which is great. I wanted to try some of the sample scene files, however the numbers are much higher than the ac130a allows. Is there a conversion I can use to do this? I am looking for something to start with for shooting live stage performances with spotlights.

Barry_Green
07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Not sure I'm following what you're saying. Did you copy the scene files from the CD to an SD card and load them up that way?

Jglenn
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM
No, I was trying to manually load them and was confused, which happens easily for me, when some of the numbers were higher than the limits of the ac130. I'll try to put them on an sd card and load them that way. Thank you for the response. Just loaded the files on an sd card and they loaded in the camera just fine. Thanks for the help.