PDA

View Full Version : DVD Studio Pro Help

Dizkoteck
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey guys

This is a retarded question but I need help more than ever. But this is a paid job and time is of the essense.

I dont do much post but my partner left overseas so Im left with outputting. Anyways I dont know the first step to using this. Ive compressed the video to m2v and got the audio from that in AIFF format.
Now, I open up DVD studio Pro and thats as much as I know...

I dont want to take up your time so pretty much I need the gist of how to get from point A to point Z in barebones. I have DVDSP 1.5 by the way (laugh at me later)

Thanks so much

235 Studios
06-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I've been using DVDSP since version 1, and unfortunately there is not an easy / quick way to set up your DVD. In version 1.5 you have to do all of the creation yourself. That includes menu's, tracks, buttons, scripts ....

My suggestion is that since you are on a tight schedule, use iDVD. It will do want you need in a short amout of time, and has a lot of presets so that you do not have to figure out the program.

If you still want to take on DVDSP I would suggest the following website, they have a lot of great tutorials and everything is archived, so the tutorials from 1.5 are still on there. Check it out. And good luck:
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_homepage_index.html

Hope it turns out well for you.

Dizkoteck
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
does iDVD accept m2v files? with a separated audio file?
from my experience it doesnt seem so.

However, which way should it be compressed from compressor that can be used in iDVD?
This is a looong video.

thanks

mmm
06-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Try and upgrade to DVDSP2 or 3, they are SOOOOO much better!!!

If not, I didn't find DVDSP 1.5 too bad if you are doing simple things, but I can't remember it that well as I upgraded a year or two back.

One thing I find (and a work mate agreed when he was having trouble) is that it is better to output the sound separately as a .wav from FCP and then compress it to .AC3 in Apack. If I remember rightly, this was essential with my copy of DVDSP1.5 as otherwise it wouldn't burn DVDs properly.

Dizkoteck
06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
well so far, it kinda works on PREVIEW before burning. BUT when it starts outputting, I realize that an error message comes up. Something about startup not initialized.

After burning, the DVD simply would not play. What am I doing wrong or what am I forgetting?

I'll try to upgrade to 2

Thanks

mmm
06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
This sounds silly, but if you can't upgrade, rebuild your project FROM SCRATCH.

This doesn't actually take that long as you already have the source material and know what to do.

I had trouble once which I just couldn't figure out. I rebuilt it, EXACTLY the same, FROM SCRATCH (ie deleted the old project file) and it worked fine.

Sorry if this ddoesn't work and it wastes your time! I do not know that fault is, so hopefully someone else will know a faster solution to your problem!

discs of tron
06-29-2005, 09:45 AM
idvd does the compression internally. for idvd, you export a qt movie with your default ntsc dv settings. you skip compressor altogether.

Dizkoteck
06-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for help guys,

Although I got the hardest of the bunch, 1.5. From tweaking here and there, I finally know how to use it. Now I just got a bug in the software where 4/5 times it will quit on its own from burning. Oh well, God hates chinese people.

Thanks a bunch

235 Studios
07-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Now I just got a bug in the software where 4/5 times it will quit on its own from burning. Oh well, God hates chinese people.

If you would just repent from your use of 1.5, and see the light of version 2 & 3 maybe God would smile on your endeavors. :) :cheesy:

Anyway, I expierenced the same thing when I was using 1.5. The work around is to make a disk image and then use Toast or a similar program to burn the DVD. It will be much more reliable for you. (You can also load multiple copies of Toast onto your computer and then burn more then one DVD at a time - if your computer is fast enough.)