PDA

View Full Version : Warning to SPAMMERS!

Doc Bernard
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
If you are joining this forum specifically to hawk your spam, it will NOT be tolerated. We have a dedicated team of moderators on the look-out for you specifically. Not only will your post be deleted, but your IP will be banned from the site. Free pirated vids, cracked programs, Credit Card dumps, pharmaceuticals........if it looks like spam, sounds like spam.............you will be banned and IP logged.

Any and all members, new or old, are asked to be on the lookout and report spam. Which means, spammers, the entire forum will be looking for you. So......is it really worth your time to join and then get banned out of hand? Time is money you know............and you will not make a dime here. So, why waste the time when there are a million other forums out there?

Fair warning.

KMA_WWC
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't know about others but when i posted my email address here in the market place, i started to get bunch of spams in my email address. I just want to aware people to post their emails carefully, using "(at)" and staff like that.

Doc Bernard
06-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah, never a good idea to post an email address in the open, even with the spaces and "at" instead of @. Always work through the PM system, at least non-members have no access there.

Egg Born Son
06-15-2012, 01:11 AM
I notice spam posts every few days and note with pleasure they are always gone in a matter of hours. This is truly one of the best maintained forums on the web with vigilant and attentive mods. To aid the cause, what is the process to report suspected spam posts? Do we PM someone or is there a button somewhere? I am happy to help my favourite forum identify and kill this pollution. Especially that guy that keeps trying to sell credit card hacking tools. Scum.

paulears
06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Top right in each post - little triangular box with a ! in it.
Paul

The worst thing with spammers is they never seem to even spam the right sorts of forums, do they?

swopiv
06-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Some of you will have seen this from XKCD: :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/20pqzqg.png